Interview this Friday @ NCO!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoveOptometry

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an interview at the New England COllege of Optometry this Friday the 13th. I was wondering what the interview process is like... how long is the interview its self, how are the facilities, the staff? How soon after the interview do you know if your accepted or not? What percent who interview actually get in? Any pointers at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I have an interview at the New England COllege of Optometry this Friday the 13th. I was wondering what the interview process is like... how long is the interview its self, how are the facilities, the staff? How soon after the interview do you know if your accepted or not? What percent who interview actually get in? Any pointers at all would be greatly appreciated!!

I was interviewed there on the 13th! Man, NECO impressed me A LOT. I like the school and the city, but not the cost. I still have not heard anything from them yet. I think they said we'll hear from them by the end of April. I hate waiting. It's driving me nuts. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Congratulations!!:) I wish I was in your place.:( Is there any other way to do an interview besides going there? What if the person is an international student? Or what if you don't have the time or means to go to the school....

Hey di luby, I as well loved the school. The city though is very different to where I live now, Florida, but change would be nice. I wonder if I should call and see if they have made any decisions yet? They said 2-3 weeks! I hate waiting as well, I am a nervous wreck..:scared:
Do you know if the class has filled up or how many seats are left?

Kristan, I think that most, if not all Optometry schools require an interview, even if you are an international student. At the interview I was at, there were 2 Canadian students. So since the interview is a requirement of the admissions process, you will have to make the effort to make it if you are offerd (that is if you really want to). Where have you applied?

BEst Luck to ALL :D

LoveOptometry,

Yea, Boston is def. different from where I live too. I'm from Raleigh, NC. I'll have to get used to living life without my car if I get accepted. But Boston is such a beautiful city and like you said change would be nice.

The lady at the main office said we'll hear from them around the end of April the earliest. I might call them if I don't hear from them by the end of next week.

At this point, I don't think the class is filled yet. They are still doing interviews. I think they do around 10 people per week. But, I have a feeling that whatever seats they have vacant will be filled FAST in the next few weeks. I really hope we'll get acceptance letters. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for both of us. :)

Hey di luby, I as well loved the school. The city though is very different to where I live now, Florida, but change would be nice. I wonder if I should call and see if they have made any decisions yet? They said 2-3 weeks! I hate waiting as well, I am a nervous wreck..:scared:
Do you know if the class has filled up or how many seats are left?

Kristan, I think that most, if not all Optometry schools require an interview, even if you are an international student. At the interview I was at, there were 2 Canadian students. So since the interview is a requirement of the admissions process, you will have to make the effort to make it if you are offerd (that is if you really want to). Where have you applied?

BEst Luck to ALL :D

Has anyone heard back yet from the April 13th interviews????? I am sooo worried, I really want to get in, I am feeing so overwhelmed now, finals are this week, I am taking 7 classes, 21 credits and stressing and still waiting to hear from all the schools I applied to. I am a reapplicant, I applied last year without a BA and I have not taken my 0ATs again. GPA 3.7 and previous 0AT: TT & AA 300. N0Va wants me to retake it and I am registered to retake it, but I am almost positive that I will do worse because I have not been preparing due to my lack of time. I don’t want to look incompetent when I do worse. Its getting pretty late in the game and I feel like pulling out my hair ahhhhhhhhhhh. . . . . . . . . . . Help.

:confused: :scared: :mad: :smuggrin: :scared: