Interview this week - need ques. help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

corona 247

SDN Angel
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interview this week at DMU. Going over the medical interview reviews, one question that caught my attention was, 'What do you think 3 of your weaknesses are?' or something along those lines.

Every answer i think of, seems to paint me in a negative light. I am curious to what answers people, not only from DMU, have given.
I appreciate any feedback!!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you do a search on this you'll find this question has been asked a few times before and you'll probably get some good answers. I actually was only asked what some of my friends may say are my strengths. However, I was asked a similar question at another interview. Just try and add a positive spin on whatever your answers are and be confident about yourself and your answers. Even if you were to say that you sometimes try to do too many things and follow this with but I've tried to learn better time management skills blah blah blah it shows that not only is it a weakness but it highlights some good things about you as well. I think the only other thing I would say is try not to freak out about one question or what they're going to ask you too much. I know it's easy for me to say now, but I was freaking out about what my interviews were going to be like too, but none of them were too stressful they were all just like a conversation (or sort of like one at least). Good luck.

Josh

Originally posted by corona 247
I am interview this week at DMU. Going over the medical interview reviews, one question that caught my attention was, 'What do you think 3 of your weaknesses are?' or something along those lines.

Every answer i think of, seems to paint me in a negative light. I am curious to what answers people, not only from DMU, have given.
I appreciate any feedback!!
Thanks

Hi, Don't worry about being painted in a negative light unless of course you say you are a thief or something really bad.;)

I had this question at another school. In fact it was part of the secondary. I put down something about me caring too much and getting too involved and that I was worried about how I would handle a patient's death. I also said that I have a tendency to overthink things sometimes. I also said I could be quite controlling at times.

Just try to think of something that you do and people tell you that you shouldn't do it. Ask your friends and family is they can tell you something that you do that bothers them. Sometimes little things through someone else's eyes can be something you could tell the school is a weakness you have.

Don't try to over analysis it, really they aren't trying to trap you, but they are asking you to reconginze a potential weakness and see if you are able to admit your flaws.

Good luck at your interview.:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
i got asked at dmu what the last book i had read was.....i had to think pretty hard to think of the last NONschool book i read :( they were super friendly there though, more personal questions, a couple "ethical dilemmas".....but really nice interviewers. my student interviewer there had a lazy eye...it kinda freaked me out a little and i didn't know where to look when he talked to me :eek:

I used that weakness which could double as strengths and got called out in an interview this season on it.

You know the typically weakness responses...

I hold everyone to my high standards....
I am a perfectionist...
I work too much on school....
yadda yadda yadda....

I got called out.

I was told they all could be thought of as strengths as well as weaknesses....tell me a real perceived weakness.

I didn't skip a beat and said I am easily destracted and can't study at home cause I'll get on the computer, play my playstation, or watch a DVD. So, I need to live at the library so I can concentrate. We talked about that and for a bit and it was an honest true answer....got accepted a few weeks later to that school too.

(oh and I also got asked what my last good book I read was and every interviewer smiled or laughed when I said Harry Potter :) )