JAB1215

2+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2016
73
15
Status
Pre-Optometry
I just received an interview invite from PCO, even though I am scheduled to take the OAT next week (thought that was weird). I am unsure as to when to schedule this interview. My top school is honestly SUNY, so would you guys recommend that I wait to schedule my interview at PCO until I take my OAT and hear from SUNY whether or not they're giving me an interview? I know schools generally give you about 2 weeks to accept or decline an admissions offer if it is extended to you after an interview, so I assume interviews from multiple schools must be planned within those 2 weeks. PCO is my second choice after SUNY, so if I do not get accepted to SUNY I also do not want to screw up my chances with PCO in scheduling their interview too late, as I know how important rolling admissions is. Thanks!
 

monica__t_

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2016
64
19
Status
Pre-Optometry
doesn't it take like 4 weeks for them to receive OAT scores after you take it? cause then that's a lot of time in between waiting on Suny. you can always interview at PCO and put a deposit if you get accepted to hold your spot and buy yourself more time to wait on Suny
 
OP
J

JAB1215

2+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2016
73
15
Status
Pre-Optometry
doesn't it take like 4 weeks for them to receive OAT scores after you take it? cause then that's a lot of time in between waiting on Suny. you can always interview at PCO and put a deposit if you get accepted to hold your spot and buy yourself more time to wait on Suny
I think it does take up to 4 weeks, but I've spoken to admissions reps at SUNY who said I could email them the unofficial score report of my OAT scores, so maybe they wouldn't have to wait those 4 weeks. I was also thinking of putting in multiple deposits if that became the situation, but I was unsure as to if schools know that applicants put down deposits to multiple schools??
 
About the Ads

monica__t_

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2016
64
19
Status
Pre-Optometry
I think it does take up to 4 weeks, but I've spoken to admissions reps at SUNY who said I could email them the unofficial score report of my OAT scores, so maybe they wouldn't have to wait those 4 weeks. I was also thinking of putting in multiple deposits if that became the situation, but I was unsure as to if schools know that applicants put down deposits to multiple schools??
okay yeah that was the other thing i was going to suggest is to contact suny and send the unofficial scores, that should definitely speed up the process. since you're taking the OAT next week I would probably schedule a pco interview in october. they really don't start interviews until september anyway, so that's still early enough in the cycle to be competitive even with the rolling admissions. and that would give suny all of september to contact you for an interview, which you can assume they would do by that time if not earlier. just my thoughts but i hope that helps
 
OP
J

JAB1215

2+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2016
73
15
Status
Pre-Optometry
okay yeah that was the other thing i was going to suggest is to contact suny and send the unofficial scores, that should definitely speed up the process. since you're taking the OAT next week I would probably schedule a pco interview in october. they really don't start interviews until september anyway, so that's still early enough in the cycle to be competitive even with the rolling admissions. and that would give suny all of september to contact you for an interview, which you can assume they would do by that time if not earlier. just my thoughts but i hope that helps
That is very true, thank you so much for your help!
 
About the Ads