Interview timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Newyorkgirl24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know what the relative time line for interviews are? Is it from sept- March typically?

i submitted most of my secondaries mid August and kind of them getting anxious seeing everyone getting interviews already. I know applicants aren’t sorted in the order they are received, and being an average stat applicant, I know I might be waiting for a while.

(asking for DO)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat as you. Completes 8/18 at most places, have only gotten 1 hold email so far, nothing else.

I am also in the same place! complete late july to late august!! I don't think I will hear back until Jan/Feb being a low stat applicant! atleast that is what I understood from SDN! basically people with higher stats get interviews first and once they start declining those interviews go to the lower stat applicants good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a few schools interviewed up until April last year (possibly May?). However, the prime interview time period is usually between late August until early February. After that, you are primarily having wait-list slot type of interviews (but not for everyone).

I'm in the same boat with you OP! Completed all my secondaries end of August. Average GPA and MCAT. Just 1 interview wait list 2 days ago. Don't worry. DO cycle is much longer. Our time will come soon!

From my previous cycle, I interviewed in mid and late April, and was waitlisted by both not surprisingly. I do know that people interviewed in April getting off the waitlist if not directly accepted into the program. It's really beyond your matrix at that point.

From my previous cycle, I interviewed in mid and late April, and was waitlisted by both not surprisingly. I do know that people interviewed in April getting off the waitlist if not directly accepted into the program. It's really beyond your matrix at that point.
Did you apply late last cycle? Wat were your stats?

with those stats I thought you'd get some love from DO schools. Did you apply to a lot or only a few?
Applied to 7 schools, II from 5, 4WL. Honestly me not getting in is because of my interview skill and lackluster ps/secondaries. Hopefully those are improved greatly this cycle.

Reactions: 1 users