Interview timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chikitabanana

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm contemplating studying abroad in the spring of 2014 before entering dental school the fall of 2014... My question is: will I be finished with interviews by February? I wouldn't leave until mid feb. I really want to go, but I don't want to jeopardize anything w dental school.

I appreciate the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to SDN!!! Answer: that would depend how early you applied and the interview windows for the schools you want to apply to. Do you know them..where are you trying to go?

Neo

Thanks! I'm planning to apply as early as possible. I'm taking the DAT in November and will be pretty much all set at the end of this school year. I'm mostly looking at all of the california schools, but I'll probably apply to UNC Chapel Hill, MUSC, maybe texas schools... (basically anywhere that's not frigid haha)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm contemplating studying abroad in the spring of 2014 before entering dental school the fall of 2014... My question is: will I be finished with interviews by February? I wouldn't leave until mid feb. I really want to go, but I don't want to jeopardize anything w dental school.

I appreciate the advice!

Hey there is no guarantee whether you will be done or not..most likely you will be but there are always "what ifs"
what are your stats like?
Even if you have to miss 1-2 interviews to be abroad, it's totally worth it. Studying abroad is an amazing experience, so definitely go for it. Wouldn't being abroad impact your graduation though?

Yeah good point... I have an interesting situation. I'm a rising senior now but need to take extra classes for the fall of my fifth year. I just realized that I can walk for graduation on time and get my diploma when I actually finish both of my majors, one of which I can finish in Australia. I actually just spent last semester abroad and absolutely loved it- so much that I want to go again hahah. I know it's a weird situation, but I'm just trying to maximize my time before I start dental school

Yeah good point... I have an interesting situation. I'm a rising senior now but need to take extra classes for the fall of my fifth year. I just realized that I can walk for graduation on time and get my diploma when I actually finish both of my majors, one of which I can finish in Australia. I actually just spent last semester abroad and absolutely loved it- so much that I want to go again hahah. I know it's a weird situation, but I'm just trying to maximize my time before I start dental school

Oh wow, that's pretty cool. So are you graduating in 5 years with 2 study abroad experiences? I am so jelly lol I just got back from abroad and I want to do it all over..I am not sure how it would fit in though lol

Yeah! That's the plan...the way my tuition works is that I'm limited by units rather than semesters so if I take 12 unit semesters, I get an extra year which I want to translate into an extra abroad experience. Studying abroad really is the greatest thing ever!

Yeah! That's the plan...the way my tuition works is that I'm limited by units rather than semesters so if I take 12 unit semesters, I get an extra year which I want to translate into an extra abroad experience. Studying abroad really is the greatest thing ever!

It sure is..you have got me thinking now lol where did you study abroad recently (if you don't mind me asking)?

Cape Town, South Africa.. the GREATEST place to study abroad ever. Different experience than europe, but absolutely the highlight of my life!

Cape Town, South Africa.. the GREATEST place to study abroad ever. Different experience than europe, but absolutely the highlight of my life!

Very cool! Wish you the best of luck! I think you will be fine..keep your fingers crossed for early interviews!

Great! I'm glad you liked it, i'm South African, from Durban :D.

Thank you! Ahhh that is wonderful. I cannot wait till I can return!