interview times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuddlefish78

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all pre-pharm students interviewed this year:

In general what part of the week were most of your interviews? Weekends? Weekdays?

I am asking because I may be starting a job that required me to be open for a given number of shifts a week and I have to let the company know about a month ahead of time. I have noticed that many people are asked for interviews two weeks before the interview. If they are mostly scheduled for the weekend I can ask to have weekends off. I would like to have some knowledge of this whole thing before getting serious about this job.

Members don't see this ad.

I had 6 invitations--2 were fridays, 3 were saturdays, and 1 was monday (but I took the soonest avail of other options).

In general what part of the week were most of your interviews? Weekends? Weekdays?

I am asking because I may be starting a job that required me to be open for a given number of shifts a week and I have to let the company know about a month ahead of time. I have noticed that many people are asked for interviews two weeks before the interview. If they are mostly scheduled for the weekend I can ask to have weekends off. I would like to have some knowledge of this whole thing before getting serious about this job.

I would imagine the vast majority are on the weekdays. Both of the ones that I went to were during the week on Fridays. I'm sure Friday isn't a standard day but I would be surprised if there were many schools that did it on a weekend. They are institutions that usually close down on the weekends as their staff works throughout the week. I doubt that many colleges want to pay their normal weekday staff OT for working through the weekend. That's just an assumption though based on my 2 experiences.

Members don't see this ad :)

I could tell you which days my interviews were on, but I think you'll find more applicable information in the pharmacy class threads. If you know which schools you're interested in, check out the class threads and see when people interviewed. That'll give you a good idea. Also, a list of dates is shown in the Interview Feedback survey results. Lastly, some (but not most) schools publish these dates on their websites; you could also contact the schools. I think going in any of those routes would be more applicable for you.

I could tell you which days my interviews were on, but I think you'll find more applicable information in the pharmacy class threads. If you know which schools you're interested in, check out the class threads and see when people interviewed. That'll give you a good idea. Also, a list of dates is shown in the Interview Feedback survey results. Lastly, some (but not most) schools publish these dates on their websites; you could also contact the schools. I think going in any of those routes would be more applicable for you.

Though I'll still answer your question: 3 Friday interviews, 1 Saturday interview, and 1 Wednesday. In addition to the 5 interviews I attended, I received invites from two schools, though I turned them down. Those two schools both had Friday interviews.

I have two both on Thursdays.

I had three schools give me a selection of days of the week. Of the ones not under my control: Monday, Thursday, Fridays (most), and Saturdays. Definitely look on the threads of the schools you are interested in though, and that will give you the best indication of days of the week.

I interviewed at 6-7, had one on monday, wednesday, and rest on friday or saturday

3 Fridays, 1 Wednesday.... although 2 schools had interviews offered M/W/F (I chose Fridays because that was most convenient for me)