Interview Tips for Practicum Sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdawg2017

Clinical Psychology Ph.D.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Lurker/occasional comments on SDN, and highly rated commenter/poster on GradCafe here. I am a second year clinical PhD student with a desired training specialization in clinical neuropsych now applying for my first external practicums. My in-house prac at my school has had good training in CBT and some neuropsych.

I am wondering for folks who have gone through the practicum application process and/or are directors of practicum what sort of tips/questions I and my fellow peers should be ready to field. I am not honestly too worried about placing for a practicum because I live in a large city with lots of neuropsych training sites, but given that this will be my first interaction with some potential colleagues for other training down the line if I don't do prac at their site (e.g., internship, post-doc) I want my first impression to be good.

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice on this, especially any questions you think I should be ready to field.

-jdawg2017

Members don't see this ad.