interview tomorrow. Any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhawkins16

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be interviewing at University of Tennessee school of pharmacy-Memphis campus tomorrow. Any last minute advice? I feel like I have prepared pretty well, although I am a bit nervous to be honest.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulation! Don't be nervous and do your best. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I will be interviewing at University of Tennessee school of pharmacy-Memphis campus tomorrow. Any last minute advice? I feel like I have prepared pretty well, although I am a bit nervous to be honest.

Most people are nervous. What you’re feeling is normal so don’t worry.

Members don't see this ad :)

How was the interview? what type questions you got?

Last edited:
How was your interview?

Hey guys! It went.....ok haha. I've been invited back for a second interview, which is kind of odd. I'm competing against some very bright people, but I have a PCAT score of 94th percentile. My GPA is "ok" but not where I want it to be. I didn't learn how to study until the spring semestre of my Junior year. I got an A in Organic 2 which is something that they look at. I'm just a little concerned.

How was the interview? what type questions you got?

How was your interview?

Hey guys. It was actually very laid back, which surprised the heck out of me. The school is number 17th in the nation, and number one in Tennessee so I thought it would be more intimidating. I live in the Memphis área so I have that to my advantage. They asked me questions like "why do you want to be a pharmacist", "what leadership positions have you had", "have you worked in a pharmacy before?", "where did you go to high school", "how do you study?", "where are you from?", "what do you like to do in your free time?".

Nice job, let us know how you do on round two.

What questions did you get on the interview? What was your essay topic?

What questions did you get on the interview? What was your essay topic?
Sorry for the late reply. The interview ended up lasting like an hour. It was pretty much just a conversation about my college career and why they should accept me. We talked about my classes and what I liked about them. Simple stuff. Oh, of course they asked about my strengths and weaknesses. Is it really an interview if they don't? Lol. The essay topic was how current health initiatives can help Pharmacists become more involved in patient interaction.......I think? Something along those lines.

I'm happy for you. I hope I will find an internship too ...