Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Interview Waitlist?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Futuredoc2323, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Futuredoc2323

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi, I got an email from one of the schools this morning saying I have been put on a waitlist for an interview? Does this mean I will be getting an interview just maybe later on? Or is it possible that I never might?

Monster_Cat likes this.
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Crookster

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Either or, I'm assuming azcom I got the same email. They interview the stronger applicants first. My buddy had 3.5 and 27mcat got an interview in April after a waitlist email last cycle.

4. Futuredoc2323

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Just out of curiosity did your friend apply late in the cycle? Those seem like pretty decent stats! I wonder if in the waitlist our place stays constant or if we can get potentially pushed down as more people apply

5. Goro

Faculty 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I hope that crookster can answer this!

I'm suspecting that by April, AZCOM ran out of 29+ MCAT scoring candidates and had to hold their nose and move down the pile.

oOKawaiiOo likes this.
  6. Crookster

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I believe he applied somewhat early August-ish. I know azcom likes 29+ mcats he might have had some ties there and got the interview late because of it not too sure... He didn't end up attending there...Also had another friend with a 30 Mcat that after no luck with MD in AZ applied azcom in December I believe and got in pretty quickly.

7. cjfarrell21

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I received the same email and have heard the same thing. they send II's to those =<28 in January. Did your buddy end up getting in by chance?

8. absie107

5+ Year Member

I got an email exactly like this from an MD school last cycle and wound up with an interview, so it could certainly turn into something!!

9. Crookster

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    He got the interview late in the cycle but didn't end up going there... Idk if he was accepted and chose somewhere else or didn't get accepted.

10. TUVIX

2+ Year Member

I don't think it's only MCAT in this situation. I got the same email from AZCOM and I have a 30 MCAT… I think that maybe they were "holding their nose" while looking at my GPA. At any rate, I hope this means I am at the top of that particular pile since everyone else on here seems to be reporting 27 MCAT who was waitlisted for interview.