Interview Waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futuredoc2323

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I got an email from one of the schools this morning saying I have been put on a waitlist for an interview? Does this mean I will be getting an interview just maybe later on? Or is it possible that I never might?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Either or, I'm assuming azcom I got the same email. They interview the stronger applicants first. My buddy had 3.5 and 27mcat got an interview in April after a waitlist email last cycle.

Just out of curiosity did your friend apply late in the cycle? Those seem like pretty decent stats! I wonder if in the waitlist our place stays constant or if we can get potentially pushed down as more people apply

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope that crookster can answer this!

I'm suspecting that by April, AZCOM ran out of 29+ MCAT scoring candidates and had to hold their nose and move down the pile.

Just out of curiosity did your friend apply late in the cycle? Those seem like pretty decent stats! I wonder if in the waitlist our place stays constant or if we can get potentially pushed down as more people apply

Reactions: 1 user
I believe he applied somewhat early August-ish. I know azcom likes 29+ mcats he might have had some ties there and got the interview late because of it not too sure... He didn't end up attending there...Also had another friend with a 30 Mcat that after no luck with MD in AZ applied azcom in December I believe and got in pretty quickly.

Either or, I'm assuming azcom I got the same email. They interview the stronger applicants first. My buddy had 3.5 and 27mcat got an interview in April after a waitlist email last cycle.

I received the same email and have heard the same thing. they send II's to those =<28 in January. Did your buddy end up getting in by chance?

I got an email exactly like this from an MD school last cycle and wound up with an interview, so it could certainly turn into something!!

I received the same email and have heard the same thing. they send II's to those =<28 in January. Did your buddy end up getting in by chance?

He got the interview late in the cycle but didn't end up going there... Idk if he was accepted and chose somewhere else or didn't get accepted.

I hope that crookster can answer this!

I'm suspecting that by April, AZCOM ran out of 29+ MCAT scoring candidates and had to hold their nose and move down the pile.

I don't think it's only MCAT in this situation. I got the same email from AZCOM and I have a 30 MCAT… I think that maybe they were "holding their nose" while looking at my GPA. At any rate, I hope this means I am at the top of that particular pile since everyone else on here seems to be reporting 27 MCAT who was waitlisted for interview.