Interview - What to expect?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

generationX

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been asked for a telephone interview by Texas A & M School of Rural Public Health. Now I did not know whether it was a requirement. Elsewhere they accepted me just like that without an interview. What questions might I be asked? I have chosen policy and management track. I have never been in an interview in my whole life. Any help would be much appreciated. Interview is on Tuesday 23rd Octo.

Edit: The interview went fine I guess. Like thedelicatessen said they asked the standard questions and nothing else.

Members don't see this ad.

When I applied to my program, I also had a phone interview even though it wasn't mentioned in the paper application. It wasn't too intense though. They just asked a standard set of questions like what my public health interests were, problems I saw in public health, my future plans, etc. and recorded my answers to be transcribed. Good luck!

I have been asked for a telephone interview by Texas A & M School of Rural Public Health. Now I did not know whether it was a requirement. Elsewhere they accepted me just like that without an interview. What questions might I be asked? I have chosen policy and management track. I have never been in an interview in my whole life. Any help would be much appreciated. Interview is on Tuesday 23rd Octo.

What will your eventual degree be? Is it a health policy degree? MHA?

It may affect what they ask you is why I'm asking you.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I applied to my program, I also had a phone interview even though it wasn't mentioned in the paper application. It wasn't too intense though. They just asked a standard set of questions like what my public health interests were, problems I saw in public health, my future plans, etc. and recorded my answers to be transcribed. Good luck!

Thanks :) I was thinking may be they had doubts regarding my competence to be part of this program.

What will your eventual degree be? Is it a health policy degree? MHA?

It may affect what they ask you is why I'm asking you.

MPH - in Policy & Management. The interviewers will be the HOD, one Professor who is MHA director and one AP.

Is this an online degree. I am looking for an online one.