Interview with NYU next week- HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amethyst

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am so nervous it's my first interview in a dental school!

Can anybody tell me something about the interview process, any questions that i should be afraid of?

By the way, If they ask me why NYU? What should I say? I am not going to say something like "oh it's not that far from my house" lol that's just so horrible!
What do you guys like about NYU?

Thanx ahead

Members don't see this ad.

check out the interview feedback section at the top of this forum page. it has what people liked/disliked about NYU and also some interview questions that the interviewer may ask. i know its easy for me to say, but try not to stress out (i felt the exact same way as you before i had my first interview). the interview and people are very nice and laid back. plus get whatever you want at lunch because its all paid for! good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
dont worry

Make sure you produce a great impression. interact with the director of admissions Dr. M.

why NYU? For the simple reason of their technologically advanced clinics, great academics, and even better clinicals. Being in the city, they always get a lot of patients for you to practice. Large class size is not a bad thing. they have something like 1:8 faculty to student ration. so its all good. they dont have books (its all online).

hey does anyone know how much a taxi costs to go from the school to La Guardia airport?

Taxis was about 30-35 bucks including tip. It was the same there and back. On the way to the airport I had a few taxis drivers stop and then drive off after I said where I was going.

Taxis was about 30-35 bucks including tip. It was the same there and back. On the way to the airport I had a few taxis drivers stop and then drive off after I said where I was going.

lol welcome to NYC

lol why would they not take you to the school area?

Does anybody know what the supplimental application question(s) is at the NYUCD interview?

lol why would they not take you to the school area?

I don't think you read it right. It was going from the school to the airport. I had no problem going from the airport to the school

The supplemental form just asks for any changes since your application. It's really nothing big.

I know it's a bit late for the OP, but if anyone wanted some potential reasons to choose NYU, they can include that it is at the forefront in implant curriculum (most people get multiple implant cases and it's the only school that requires every student to do an implant overdenture), strong academic and clinical education, VitalBook (all books are on the computer... imagine being able to text search 90+ books at once instead of flipping through the index of multiple books, and then capturing images to add to your notes), Plastinates (you really learn the anatomy rather than worrying about what to cut where and then realizing you cut through the nerve or blood vessel you were trying to locate), good faculty:student ration (I believe it's actually 1:9), etc.

I just checked out the NEW updated interview section on SDN. WOW, much better then what was there before!!! VERY HELPFUL!!! Whoever did that or came out with the idea needs a mad prop!!!!