Interview with Stonybrook University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alex123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have just recieved e-mail from Stonybrook University about their interview.

They said that the applicants invited to the interview are 130, and among them

85applicants will be accepted. I'm a little confused if 130 applicants are invited to

each interview session( in this case, whole interview invitees up to 390) or 130 applicants

are invited from first to third interview session. And they also said 85 applicants will be

accepted in this cycle, and 35 of them are assigned to their new Southampton campus.

Anybody has ever heard about this new campus?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the same email and was wondering the same thing. I never heard about the new campus. I wonder if accepted students choose which one to go to. What if most people want to go to the main campus? I guess that's a question to ask on saturday. I should probably just worry about being accepted.

Will most students be there with dress suits and ties? I know there was a thread about it, but I just want to make double sure.

I also interviewed on 2/2. Did anyone find out how long after the interview it takes to get a decision post interview?

I also interviewed on 2/2. Did anyone find out how long after the interview it takes to get a decision post interview?

What I heard from dean Richard Johnson about notification is that they will let us know in 2 weeks after interview day.

I have just recieved e-mail from Stonybrook University about their interview.

They said that the applicants invited to the interview are 130, and among them

85applicants will be accepted. I'm a little confused if 130 applicants are invited to

each interview session( in this case, whole interview invitees up to 390) or 130 applicants

are invited from first to third interview session. And they also said 85 applicants will be

accepted in this cycle, and 35 of them are assigned to their new Southampton campus.

Anybody has ever heard about this new campus?

I went to SBU for undergrad. The Southampton campus is gorgeous. It was shut down due to budget cuts but is now being reopened. Intact, in 6 years it will be the home to Southampton hospital. I work there as well and it's a fantastic place. Dring winters its boring as hell.