Interview with Touro University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marine123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I have just been invited to an interview to Touro University. I would like to ask for some advice. I heard this is a panel interview. What kind of questions do they ask? What type of essay questions do they have?

When is the interview day usually? On a weekday or weekend? I still need to call.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I have just been invited to an interview to Touro University. I would like to ask for some advice. I heard this is a panel interview. What kind of questions do they ask? What type of essay questions do they have?

When is the interview day usually? On a weekday or weekend? I still need to call.

Thank you.

*Congratulations!!* You got yours already???? That's the first Cali one I've heard. Lordy, I havent even turned mines in. I heard last year's was a group interview. Did you check the interview feedback page for them yet? Tell us how it goes! :love:

Thank you. The site on the interview feedback was very helpful. I will definitely let you guys know anything that comes up.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!! are you flying or driving there? I just heard that touro requires a large deposit, is it true? good luck on your interview!:) it's gonna be exciting

I may be flying there. I'm not sure how much the depost will be...but I guess that comes later...if I get in.

I'm a little nervous flying, I've only been on a plane once...10 years ago. Booking a flight seems like such a hassle.

Thank you.

During the Touro interview they will probably want to see how well you work in a group since there is a lot of groupwork in their classes. You will probably be asked a lot of ethical/dilemma questions. Be sure to know what your future goals are.

Thank you.

Congrats! Did you participate in the "early decision" program or is this the normal one? I also applied to Touro, but I'm missing 1 LOR (damm professor), so I'm gonna have to wait :mad:

Congrats! Did you participate in the "early decision" program or is this the normal one? I also applied to Touro, but I'm missing 1 LOR (damm professor), so I'm gonna have to wait :mad:

Same here. I dont have 2 science professors for LORs so I hafta wait until after my fall semester to get my 2nd one. Does anyone know if they're really strict on this requirement? Boo..... oh well. At least their deadlines really late. :D

I lived in the bay area before. If you choose to go to oakland airport, i would try southwest...it's a lot cheaper. but then i don't know how you get to touro after that.... i haven't even started on the app yet. Good luck!

I heard the Touro deposite is something crazy like $2000. When is your interview by the way? Is it as early as September???

I know one person who applied to Touro last year and he actually recommend applying not TOO early. When you apply early, you obviously benefit from the advantage of getting an early interview and perhaps even an early admission decision. But if you are planning to apply to 10 other schools, you'll realize that Touro's interviews are scheduled really early and if you get in, you have to put a $2k deposit right way before you may even hear about interviews from your other top choices. But anyway, CONGRATS!!

My LORs are from a Science Professor, Pharmacy tech teacher, and a pharmacist. I think they are really strict with the LOR because one of my letter was mis-classified as a supervisor's LOR instead of a science teacher, so Touro sent me a letter. But after I called them, they fixed my application.

Wow, $2000 for a deposit. That's steep! Well, I'm not having my interview until Oct 27. Hopefully, that will buy me some time. Thanks for the advice.

Congrats and goodluck with the interview!

Just curious, what was your time line from e-submitting via PharmCAS, getting invited to fill out the supp app and getting the invitation to interview? I just e-submitted my app two weeks ago and just want a heads up on what to possibly expect. Thanks!

Congrats and goodluck with the interview!

Just curious, what was your time line from e-submitting via PharmCAS, getting invited to fill out the supp app and getting the invitation to interview? I just e-submitted my app two weeks ago and just want a heads up on what to possibly expect. Thanks!

I e-submitted my application on July 30. I received a supplemental application 2 weeks ago. Mailed it the following day. And 2 weeks later they sent me an invitation for an interview. Everything went by really fast after the supplemental application.

Although I submitted my application early, I have only heard from Touro. I think the other schools are still processing.

Congrats on you interview. I too got an interview with Touro. I have to call today to schedule the date. Is the interview feedback on the Touro website?

Congratulations Londidondi! When are you having your interview? Maybe I will see you there. I will have my interview on Oct 27. I was just wondering, what my chances are of getting in the school after an interview? Is it more a process to verify if the applicant is really worthy, or is it more to weed people out some more? I'm still applying to other school, and I would rather not pay more supplemental application fees and take more classes.

The interview feedback is on this websites. It's helping me a lot

Good luck you two! Just curious, how did they notify you about the interview? Email, phone, letter in mail?

They notified us by mail. Then we called. They had a bunch of interview dates so I had to call them back to figure out what is the best time.

Last edited: