Dr.Erin2B

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2005
27
0
35
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
I got an interview at UMich a couple days ago... the thing is I never sent in my secondary application. I called to make sure that my getting the interview wasn't a mistake. It wasn't.

Has this happened to anybody else?
My stats are a little low 30Q, 3.98 from a smaller university. I'm really puzzled-- I was under the distinct impression that they don't consider you until all application materials are in.
 

RayhanS1282

perpetually percolated
15+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2004
2,028
1
Sucking long and hard in New York
Visit site
Status
Dr.Erin2B said:
I got an interview at UMich a couple days ago... the thing is I never sent in my secondary application. I called to make sure that my getting the interview wasn't a mistake. It wasn't.

Has this happened to anybody else?
My stats are a little low 30Q, 3.98 from a smaller university. I'm really puzzled-- I was under the distinct impression that they don't consider you until all application materials are in.

Congrats on the invite....don't question fate. No, this never happened to me but I did experience the opposite, after sending in all the stuff, I was told that the school didn't get it.

P.S. Your stats are not low...30Q and 3.98 is not low.
 

bootz

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2005
291
0
Stumptown
Status
Dr.Erin2B said:
I got an interview at UMich a couple days ago... the thing is I never sent in my secondary application. I called to make sure that my getting the interview wasn't a mistake. It wasn't.

Has this happened to anybody else?
My stats are a little low 30Q, 3.98 from a smaller university. I'm really puzzled-- I was under the distinct impression that they don't consider you until all application materials are in.
Wow congrats on that! They must prefer you over other applicants- like me! Good luck
 
About the Ads

chandelantern

MSI at Mayo in August!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2005
400
2
Status
I got an invite from U of Wisc Madison and didn't send in the secondary. It's more than just stats (my stats were similar to yours, GPA a little lower) but I'm guessing there were other aspects of my application that stood out? Congrats!
 

daviddamoore

UK fool
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2005
100
0
41
Cali, SJ
Status
Same happened to me at NJMS - I was waiting to get some immigration papers I needed before sending in the secondary. Then suddenly up popped an interview email! I freaked out for a while wondering if it was a mistake, but everything was good in the end. However, it has been 5 weeks now with no acceptance - not a good sign.

Good luck!
 

kaffy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2005
167
0
Status
Pre-Medical
daviddamoore said:
Same happened to me at NJMS - I was waiting to get some immigration papers I needed before sending in the secondary. Then suddenly up popped an interview email! I freaked out for a while wondering if it was a mistake, but everything was good in the end. However, it has been 5 weeks now with no acceptance - not a good sign.

Good luck!
Do you have a Faulty Towers scene as your avatar?
 

daviddamoore

UK fool
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2005
100
0
41
Cali, SJ
Status
yes! didn't think you American's even knew about it... but it is FAWLTY Towers.
However, it still hasn't got me a call from NJMS yet :(
 

happydays

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
1,248
5
Ann Arbor
Status
Medical Student
Dr.Erin2B said:
I got an interview at UMich a couple days ago... the thing is I never sent in my secondary application. I called to make sure that my getting the interview wasn't a mistake. It wasn't.

Has this happened to anybody else?
My stats are a little low 30Q, 3.98 from a smaller university. I'm really puzzled-- I was under the distinct impression that they don't consider you until all application materials are in.
When's your interview?
 

isobel

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2005
223
0
Status
Pre-Medical
daviddamoore said:
yes! didn't think you American's even knew about it... but it is FAWLTY Towers.
However, it still hasn't got me a call from NJMS yet :(
woah, you kidding? i've saw them all back when i was little. still on from time to time.
 

Dr.Erin2B

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2005
27
0
35
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
happydays said:
When's your interview?
Feb. 3rd. There were only two interview days available to me... so maybe they're just filling out the last of the interview slots. I'm such an optimist! :)

I accpeted the interview offer but I'm still not sure if I'm going to go. I live in Ann Arbor right now and I'm not a huge fan... I'm probably just bitter because I go to a smaller university just up the street from U of M. I'm sure a sudden acceptance would manage to change my opinion of the place ;)
 

Elastase

StanfUrd bound!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2004
883
0
Tha Bay
www.healthcareforall.org
Status
Pre-Medical
I would definitely consider the University of Michigan! Its ranked higher as far as research compared to your other acceptances which I believe correlates to your education and opportunities. They definitely look closer at instate applicants and since you live in Ann Arbor wouldn't that be convinient? Its an awesome school with huge research, clinical, global health opportunities! The students are awesome and the the admissions office is very very efficient! Good luck!
 

pcarlson05

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2005
63
2
Status
They gave me an interview before I sent in LORs or filled out a secondary. I decided to go, and really loved the place, then I found out a few days later that I was accepted! You might as well go, you never know, you could be surprised by how much you'll like it.
 

happydays

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
1,248
5
Ann Arbor
Status
Medical Student
Dr.Erin2B said:
Feb. 3rd. There were only two interview days available to me... so maybe they're just filling out the last of the interview slots. I'm such an optimist! :)

I accpeted the interview offer but I'm still not sure if I'm going to go. I live in Ann Arbor right now and I'm not a huge fan... I'm probably just bitter because I go to a smaller university just up the street from U of M. I'm sure a sudden acceptance would manage to change my opinion of the place ;)
There are only community colleges and Eastern around Ann Arbor. You must be talking about Eastern.

But anyways, congrats on the interview! UMich is great, but it's not for everyone. It's very competitive, as much as they'd like you to believe otherwise.
 

doctoresse

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
85
0
Status
I would go too, you have nothing to loose. The same happened to me with NJMS and Uconn, I have to send my secondary for Uconn but interviewed at NJMS.good luck!!
 

snowgirl

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2005
70
0
Status
happydays said:
There are only community colleges and Eastern around Ann Arbor. You must be talking about Eastern.

But anyways, congrats on the interview! UMich is great, but it's not for everyone. It's very competitive, as much as they'd like you to believe otherwise.
competitive? i always thought michigan was p/f?
 

happydays

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
1,248
5
Ann Arbor
Status
Medical Student
snowgirl said:
competitive? i always thought michigan was p/f?
It's p/f, but you're still ranked in the class. Plus, they work you like a hog in the clinical years.
 

Dr.Erin2B

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2005
27
0
35
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
happydays said:
It's p/f, but you're still ranked in the class. Plus, they work you like a hog in the clinical years.

I thought that was the theme at just about every medical school???
 
About the Ads