Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT_SS

Reaction score
I got an interview for a dpt program in Florida and the school is 18 hours away, would it look bad to ask if I can do a phone interview? or would they take it as if Im not very intrested?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview for a dpt program in Florida and the school is 18 hours away, would it look bad to ask if I can do a phone interview? or would they take it as if Im not very intrested?
Check on ptcas and school website to see if they have an alternate interview format like the phone. I can understand with the finances!

How badly do you want to be a PT? Because I guarantee you there is someone willing to make that 18 hour drive if you dont.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would say if you can in person, you should. Allows you to really see what the program is about. I’m flying from Alaska to Florida for my interview

Why not fly? I'm sure it would be cheaper than the gas that will be going into your car round trip and save you time, money, and energy. If this is currently your only interview offer, then I would definitely show up in person. If you have other interviews, or if you have strong stats and applied to a wide amount of schools, then I would just ask if you can schedule a webcam interview (so at least you're face-to-face, rather than a phone interview). If you're already a strong candidate, then I am sure the institution will understand your financial situation. If you're not as confident, then I would not risk it.