Interviewing at KCUMB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jkhamlin

Joe Cool Attending
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else interviewing on the 28th of September?
Any advice from those already interviewed this year?
Any advice from current students?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I will be there on the 28th also! Have you two heard anything about interviewing there?

Just got back from an interview there on 9/11. The school seems great with some awesome students. As everyone has heard its not in the best part of town but your going to be on campus most of the time anyway. The students who led the tour told me who I was interviewing with right before I went in and gave me some very specific tips on what to bring up and say with my two interviewers. That was golden. The interviews were pretty laid back but my two interviewers gave me no feedback whatsoever either facially or verbally. That's fine but I heard from other interviewees that had different people interview them that their interviews were even more laid back. Questions asked included the overly vague and lame "tell me about yourself." I hate that one. Another asked about some ethical issues and the others were basically motovation for medicine questions. G'luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I will be there on the 28th also! Have you two heard anything about interviewing there?

I interviewed there once for the MS program leading into medical school. Unfortunately, I blew the interview and didn't get accepted. I think this is a good sign, however, that I already got an interview for the DO program. Congratulations to both of you for already getting an interview!

I'll be there 9/26 :) Im renting a car at the airport (flying in 9/25). Anyone need a ride that morning? Maybe I could save someone cab fare.

Yes, I will be at the info session the night before.

I'll be there on the 28th also, I called the admissions office about the info session and they told me that it was really only for people with significant others cause we (the interviewies) would be getting the same info the next day.

still $89/night,
here what I found:
$36 Red Roof Inn , Best Value Inn
$38 Days Inn
$48 Best Western Truman Inn
$50 Best Western Country Inn - KCI Airport , Days Inn & Suites
$60 Quality Inn & Suites

I stayed at a Red Roof Inn last time. It was around $60 and was too minimal for me. I guess it depends on your budget, but I like the fact that they provide free shuttle service to the interview from the HI Exp, and Quarterage. I have stayed at HI Exp before, and I really like them, but HI Exp was $79 with bagels and stuff for breakfast vs. Quarterage for $89 with a full hot breakfast. To me, I can afford it (barely), and it will minimize my stress before interview and will hopefully help me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be there on the 28th also. I have not yet made reservations, but I intend to stay at the HI express.

This is a little off topic but how long does it usually take them to get back to us with the yes or no on admittence.

I've heard that they usually don't waitlist people this early in the cycle. Anbody know if its true

Sorry Im kinda freakin out cause they are my number one choice and my first interview......ever!

Here is my understanding from when I interviewed for the MS degree there two application cycles ago:

They will give you an answer (yes, no, wait list) within about two weeks. That is how fast I got an answer.

They have a rolling admissions process, so if you don't get rejected, but you aren't their top choice, you will get wait listed. Seems kind of obvious, I know, but the point is that I think they do wait list people all through the application cycle.

PM me if any of you want to grab a beer or dinner after the interview day. I couldnt find a flight out until Friday morning, so Im going to bum around the city Thursday night.

I'll be there on the 11th :)

of all the interviews I have attended thus far I have to say KCUMB seemed to approach it the most professionally. They were well organized and had many professional materials ready for each interviewee. Good luck all who are interviewing at KCUMB. I think you'll really love it.

After interviewing, it quickly jumped to the top of my lists. The facilities are amazing, and you definitely get a professional feel.

Good luck to all!!!!!! Remember, just be yourself. If they invited you for an interview, then they obviously want you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After interviewing, it quickly jumped to the top of my lists. The facilities are amazing, and you definitely get a professional feel.

Good luck to all!!!!!! Remember, just be yourself. If they invited you for an interview, then they obviously want you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the facilities are great, but I especially enjoyed the view of the city from the roof. Too bad they allow smoking up there. :(

All the facilities are great, but I especially enjoyed the view of the city from the roof. Too bad they allow smoking up there. :(

That was a pretty awesome view. It would be a great place to study. Are you planning on attending KCUMB? I think that we interviewed on the same day, which one were you?

That was a pretty awesome view. It would be a great place to study. Are you planning on attending KCUMB? I think that we interviewed on the same day, which one were you?

I was the guy with the purple tie. I will go there if I don't get an acceptance at OSU.