interviewing at UCSD--what to expect?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmejia1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wanted some veteran advice regarding the interview at UCSD. What's the day like? I've thus far only been at two interviews, and they were pretty different from each other so I wouldn't know what "a typical interview day" would be like. Any tips or advice for this school in particular?

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at UCSD shortly before Xmas. It is a great school. I was interviewed by a faculty and a 4th year student. I had a great time at the interview. The faculty talked most of the time, telling me how great UCSD is, which he doesn't really need to do since I already know before coming to the interview. But it was a nice gesture, nevertheless. The student interviewer was also very nice. I don't know what is up with this UCSD rumor stuff but every student there that I have met seemed nice, friendly, and not the competitive type that others have portrayed them. Even if UCSD is a super-competitive school, I would still go there and enjoy it because it is that damn good. The admissions office people were really courteous as well. No need to worry, it is a completely stress-free interview.

jmenjia1 - when are you going to be at UCSD?? I'll be there on the 29th. Good luck to you!

The interview is a relaxed and painless process. It is much like a typical interview: finaid present, admissions present, with 2 interviews and a tour/lunch. Dr. Resnick is a fantastic person and he is a pleasure to interview with. BTW, I currently work in the medical school at UCSD, so if anyone needs housing accomodations, please feel free to drop me a line.