SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Interviewing for waitlist at MCW

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by drc243, Feb 27, 2007.

1. drc243

drc243 New Member 2+ Year Member

Apr 23, 2006
    I dont understand why schools like MCW interview for spots on their alternate lists. They say that they take people from their alternate list every year. So why dont they just have regular interviews like every other school.

Best,
    Dave

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. RLDU2

RLDU2 10+ Year Member

Oct 10, 2006
    MCW fills up their class pretty early. They don't send the invites for the waitlist until February, I believe. I think their thought process is that they would like to interview applicants who are really interested in their school at that point. Someone with an acceptance may go to a regular interview to compare, but is probably more unlikely to interview for a waitlist spot.

(this of course is my unprofessional opinion, as I don't know much about MCW - I was put on a pre-interview hold!)

4. drc243

drc243 New Member 2+ Year Member

Apr 23, 2006
    I wish you luck in the process. I released my alternate list interview the day I received it so lets hope it finds its way to you.

Best,
    Dave

5. Ashers

Ashers Bacteria? Don't exist. Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Land of Entrapment
    Here's a link to a thread that discusses the waitlist. Some of the other threads about MCW go into it more.