Interviewing for Waitlist at VCOM-CC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO2016

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is interviewing for a wait-list worth it? VCOM-CC told me my interview is in a couple weeks that depending on the offers made, and how many people pay their deposit, I will be interviewing for a wait list...

Can anyone in a similar situation or VCOM-CC students share some feedback because I don't know what to do? I like the school and its location but it will be their second starting class since last year was their inaugral class, but then I'm told branch campuses it doesn't matter since they are so similar to VCOM.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm a new member, my friends told me about SDN and first time posting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well the cost of traveling to the interview should be balanced by your chances of getting in. How far will you need to travel? If its an hour away and will just cost you $50 in gas then go for it. If its going to be $1,000 for flight, hotel and rental car then you should call the admissions office and ask what kind of movement they expect on the waitlist. If they blew through their entire wait list last year you have a good shot, if only 10 people got accepted from it then its probably not worth the outlay on your part.

Last edited:
New user, just want some more info from VCOM-CC students and students in a similar position

Last year was their first year and an interesting situation she said 29 people got off the wait-list of about 70 people.

The costs will probably be $300 total.

well without knowing your stats or when you applied, if you have a 3.5, 23 combination and appied 3-4 months ago then probably not worth it as the competition is probably at its peak right now and you aren't likely to get a high waitlist position if they do rank. plus if you applied months ago, they may have be giving you a last chance simply so they have enough people on their waitlist to ensure the class is filled on orientation day. but if you applied last month and have a 3.7, 28 combination, you are much more likely to get a high position on the waitlist if you were awarded a waitlist position.

life's too short to be stingy; bought the plane tickets...we'll see how it goes:)

Go for it.

Last edited: