Interviewing Questions

Discussion in 'Psychiatry' started by Milo, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Milo

Milo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Has anyone had any of the following experiences?

1) Had an interviewer who was a psychologist? If yes, how did you find the experience?

2) Had any 'pimp' questions in any interview. (ie what do you do for acute dystonia, what are requirements for civil commitment et cetera)

2. atsai3

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I've had several interviews with psychologists -- they weren't really any different from my interviews with psychiatrists.

No pimp questions at any of my interviews so far. At one of my interviews, I was asked to describe an interesting patient. And after we finished talking about him, then I was asked, "Tell me about another patient". I guess the first patient I described wasn't interesting enough...

-AT.

3. OldPsychDoc

OldPsychDoc Senior Curmudgeon
    Physician Moderator Emeritus SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    you know, on the last question, it's going to vary from state to state--so I hope they are asking in general terms. (I work in a different state than I trained in, so I had to have my social workers give me a crash course in the "local customs" when I started here.)

4. osiris3

osiris3 Member
    7+ Year Member

I had an interviwer @ Emory who was a psychologist...from the same hometown too...and she was the most uptight of the people I interviewed with...scripted is the better word. She was the only person in all my interviews to ask "Why should we choose you?"

5. nortomaso

nortomaso Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have had several interviews with psychologists. I agree with Atsai-- these interviews were no different than thos with psychiatrists.

As to the pimping, I have only been pimped by one interviewer. He tested my knowledge pretty extensively in an area that I had done a little bit of research in. Other than that no one really seemed to care what I know, just what I am capable of.