interviewing tomorrow, general questions (nova)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ellinopedo182

Deleted User
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do i need to bring with me? and what do i wear, i have a suit but do i wear the blazer or not? im asking cuz im interviewing at NOVA in the morning, and its HOT out here.

Members don't see this ad.

I would wear the blazer.

Definitely wear the blazer even if it is hot. If you get a chance fill out the SDN interview feedback sheet some time for those of us that are set up for interviews in the upcoming weeks. Good Luck, and from what I hear it seems that getting the interview at NSU is the hard part :).

Members don't see this ad :)
Wear the blazer. Take it off when you go for the bus interview if you want, but otherwise, I say wear it. Then again, when I interviewed at Nova, not everyne was wearing a blazer, it was actually hte most casual looking group of people I interviewed with. So who knows.

Yes, wear the full suit. Also if you can wear a suit that is not black. Everyone wears a black suit, try grey, you'll stand out. You can bring anything you want but you shouldnt need anything. You'll get some papers to fill out while you are there, and get a NSU portfolio thing, at least we did last year. Good luck, I'm going to try to stop in and say hello to the interviewees. Be sure to be honest, friendly, and enjoy it.

Also be sure to ask any questions you have to your tour guides and the students eating lunch with you. They will answer honestly and give you the best advice they can, so dont be afraid to ask.

Good Luck all!

Yes, wear the full suit. Also if you can wear a suit that is not black. Everyone wears a black suit, try grey, you'll stand out. You can bring anything you want but you shouldnt need anything. You'll get some papers to fill out while you are there, and get a NSU portfolio thing, at least we did last year. Good luck, I'm going to try to stop in and say hello to the interviewees. Be sure to be honest, friendly, and enjoy it.

Also be sure to ask any questions you have to your tour guides and the students eating lunch with you. They will answer honestly and give you the best advice they can, so dont be afraid to ask.

Good Luck all!

I thought i'd ask you, cuz ur a medstudent at NSU...why do they say the hard part is getting an interview?....is it cuz they accept most of the ppl they interview? Also, I've seen their match list and the clinical rotations hospitals, but I'm not able to judge how good it is because I'm not from Florida...please can you give me some advice as to the quality of rotations and/or matchlist?

Thank you...I have an interview there in October :)

The match list is deceiving..since FL is one of the infamous 5 states..(if u dono wat im talking about, do a search) ..However when looking at the year book and seeing which specialties ppl are going into..it is actually pretty impressive...a TON of ppl go surgery..im thinking at least 15-20..

some rads, some neuro, some EM..dont really remember much since the last time i saw it was 2 months ago..but what really stuck out in my mind were the # of ppl doing surgery.

Honestly i think clinical ed is prolly one of the biggest strengths at NSU ...Even tho im only a 2nd year (preclinical) ..i have heard mainly good things about it.