Interviews 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badgas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, lets start this thread up. Any day now someone is going to get that first interview offer that will make the rest of us apply to 10 more programs. So let us know when it happens!

Members don't see this ad.

In the meanwhile...anyone know how to get email messages sent to cell phones? I'd like to be able to leave the house again...

Just kidding! How many programs did you guys apply to, and why?
I applied to 25 anesthesiology programs, and 17 TY, based mainly on geographical location...

So far, I have one lonely letter of 'acknowledgement' from U of Fl...

In the meanwhile...anyone know how to get email messages sent to cell phones? I'd like to be able to leave the house again...

I applied to 25 anesthesiology programs, and 17 TY, based mainly on geographical location...

jealousy rears it's ugly head...but at least I didn't apply to UF so it's not true rejection yet :)

I've got nothing...a big fat zero nothing...the kind of nothingness that is full of emptyness...zippo, zero, zilch, nada, none....

but as soon as I get something, I'll be sure to letchaknow :)

Members don't see this ad :)

gosh, i feel like i've hardly applied to any programs at all when i see these kinds of numbers. 12 anesthesiology programs and 15 TY/med prelim also based mainly on geographical location. i have good board scores (253) and grades but i'm getting worried (despite my pledge to myself not to freak out during this whole process!)

i, too, have only gotten UF's acknowledgement letter. 6 of the 12 programs i applied to haven't even downloaded anything yet.

gosh, i feel like i've hardly applied to any programs at all when i see these kinds of numbers. 12 anesthesiology programs and 15 TY/med prelim also based mainly on geographical location. i have good board scores (253) and grades but i'm getting worried (despite my pledge to myself not to freak out during this whole process!)

i, too, have only gotten UF's acknowledgement letter. 6 of the 12 programs i applied to haven't even downloaded anything yet.

Honestly...with a 253...you'll be fine and you know it...

jeeeesh....you guys are so early. i didnt even apply to anything until november. the interviews dont really start piling up until then so dont sweat it.

are there programs out there that require step 2 scores for the ERAS application? i was just looking at George Washington's site and noticed that they request:

f. Official Scores from Step I and Step II of the USMLE

If I don't take step 2 until january, am i out of the running? (I know I could just email them and ask but thought i'd get a faster reply here first.)

I got an acknowledgement from Hopkins today saying that they will be waiting for the Deans letters to come out before they decide about interviews. I didn't know anyone even looked at those goofy things!! I figured that as long as it didn't say that a student molested the drug reps that they would all be the same.

I got an acknowledgement from Hopkins today saying that they will be waiting for the Deans letters to come out before they decide about interviews. I didn't know anyone even looked at those goofy things!! I figured that as long as it didn't say that a student molested the drug reps that they would all be the same.

Ditto to the above
"Thanks for your interest in our program. We will be making decisions about
interview invitations after MSPEs (Dean's Letters) are released in November."

I had a small panic attack when I checked my email and the Hopkins message was there...I thought seriously about not opening it....to get this....all that wasted anxiety for nothing :)

Go Figure :rolleyes:

That's weird, my email from JHU said please sign a contract with us today.

Just kidding!!
I got the same email...but at the end of mine it said thanks, scott. Does that mean I'm on a first name basis with the program director from Hopkins? He must have really liked my pic! I'm soooo in!
Now I have 2 not so lonely acknowledgement letters.

I applied to 17 programs and 5 TYs. I think I'm starting to remember what SDN is like.

It just gets crazier and crazier. Last year, SLU was the first to send out interviews (around 9/12) and I had four in September (UF, JHU, UAB and SLU). I guess with the increase in apps, progs are looking at more ways to differentiate (i.e. JHU waiting until MSPEs are done...they didnt do that last year, in fact, I had 12 interviews before 11/1, and only 2 after)