Interviews and Away Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhIII

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a third year making my schedule for next year. I am setting up away rotations right now and had questions about interviewing. When do interviews typically take place? I heard that they take place as early as October. Is this true? When are the best times to do away rotations?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am a third year making my schedule for next year. I am setting up away rotations right now and had questions about interviewing. When do interviews typically take place? I heard that they take place as early as October. Is this true? When are the best times to do away rotations?

Thanks

Interviews: Roughly, end of October to start of February, with the majority between November 1 and January 31. Most students interview at their most highly desired residencies in December or January.

Rotations: Any time you can get one. June through September (possibly October) allows you enough time to submit a letter of recommendation from your away rotation to your ERAS application.

You can still submit letters in October, but keep in mind that ERAS opens the first week of September and it pays to get as much of your application in as possible during that first week -- early bird gets the worm in terms of interview offers.

You can still submit letters in October, but keep in mind that ERAS opens the first week of September and it pays to get as much of your application in as possible during that first week -- early bird gets the worm in terms of interview offers.

Plus some places will not even grant an interview until your application is complete ... this means 3 LOR and deans list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Plus some places will not even grant an interview until your application is complete ... this means 3 LOR and deans list.

WOW, thats tough! I think my dean's letter goes out in november.... is that right? when do the deans offices usually send out their letters?

Nov 1 is when they are released. A lot (most?) of programs send out invites before this though. I received the bulk of mine pre-11/1 and only a few after that.