• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

dunkindona

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 13, 2003
Visit site
Status
I am trying to figure out when to schedule in vacation to minimize the stress of interview season. At this point, I am definitely psychiatry or neurology bound but am uncertain about the interview seasons for these fields. Can I get an opinion on when I should schedule vacation? I have a two month window...

1. November-December
2. December-January

Raggaman

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Main "season" is between Nov and Jan, minus some holidays. I am having a hard time actually showing up for rotations!

About the Ads

phoenix0610

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
December-January will give you the most bang for your buck I think-you will probaly just start hearing back from most places early November.

timcc23

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I had planned on doing most of my interviews during December-January and scheduled my time off accordingly. I submitted my application as soon as I could and started getting interview offers for November within a few weeks. It turns out most of my interviews are in November-December and I really did not get very many January offers.

PS-I've even had a few October and February offers, FYI

dunkindona

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 13, 2003
Visit site
Status
I guess it would help to clarify where I will be applying to get a sense of where I might possibly get interviews. Here is my very early list, in no particular order.

Baylor College of Medicine
Partners
UPenn
UCSF
Columbia
UCLA
UWash
WashU
Stanford
Hopkins

I am an MD/PhD student and will submit early.

About the Ads