interviews and general advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccerstar22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just have a general question about interviews. I was wondering if interviews are only given in the spring term or if they are offered earlier, like closer to application deadlines. Also, Im gonna be applying to opt school in the fall and was wondering if there was any advice that people could offer after having gone though everything already. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Several schools do hold interviews before winter break. You just have to make sure you turn in your apps as soon as they start accepting them. It also helps to have a flexible schedule to be able to make travel arrangements quickly as well. Best of luck to you!

There is good news... a lot of schools will grant interviews in the fall so long as you get all of your application materials in. I think October is the earliest advertised, but I think I read on this forum of people being interviewed at the end of September at UMSL. I was interviewed on October 20, and I was accepted immediately after my interview. So, you could know in just a few months where you get to go to optometry school!!! I was so excited to have found out so early- it really helped with making plans for living arrangements, etc (also, my hubby had to find a job there). I would advise you to submit all application information as soon as they will accept them so you will have beaucoup time to make plans. It took a lot of stress off of me.

It's different for each school, however most schools do grant interviews in the fall, provided that you are able to apply and complete your application early on. I recommend researching the websites of schools you are interested in to find specific dates of when the application period begins. Also, certain schools do have early decision/acceptance as well.