Interviews at ASTRO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HotSeat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be a little late in the game, but does anybody know how the www.astro.org site plays into the scheduling of interviews at ASTRO? My only other source scheduled interviews by calling practices, but had heard that there is a way to use the website to do the scheduling. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow... A little late indeed....

Anyway, if you go to the ASTRO home page, there is a little strip of links on the upper right above the graphic. The 4th one over says "Job Placement Center." Clicking that takes you to ASTRO's job pages. You will have to register for that portion of the site, enter a lot of biographical info. Then you can search for open jobs, post your CV to make it searchable for employers, etc. The really nice thing is that you can sort of "apply" for these positions electronically by showing interest, and the employers can then contact you to set up an interview at the meeting. At ASTRO, there is a physical Job Placement Center where employers can use cubicle spaces to interview candidates. Lots of the private practices use these. Some academic ones do, but usually those chairs will hold their interviews in their hotel suites.

If you really want to be interviewing at ASTRO this year via the job placement center, you should kind of be hauling ass to get this done today. Particularly if you're looking for an academic job or a private job in a desirable locale.

Good luck! :luck:

Thank you very much for the info! I had a few interviews a while ago and wasn't expecting to have to do more interviews, but I was advised to at least try to schedule some more at ASTRO. "Fun" stuff!! Thanks again...