interviews at Carib schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BabyJ

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are interviews at Carib schools similar to ones state-side? I will be honest, the only reason I am applying to the carib is because I got waitlisted or rejected at all the schools I applied to. I am not discounting the carib schools, I just was not prepared for total rejection/failure. With a 3.6 and a 33, this is disheartening but I have to move forward with medicine. I am wondering what kind of questions adcoms ask, and generally what they are looking for (is it the partial d!cksuckathon that is some US medical school interviews).

Members don't see this ad.

Are interviews at Carib schools similar to ones state-side? I will be honest, the only reason I am applying to the carib is because I got waitlisted or rejected at all the schools I applied to. I am not discounting the carib schools, I just was not prepared for total rejection/failure. With a 3.6 and a 33, this is disheartening but I have to move forward with medicine. I am wondering what kind of questions adcoms ask, and generally what they are looking for (is it the partial d!cksuckathon that is some US medical school interviews).
The only reason we're all here is because we couldn't get into a US school; I don't think anyone with half a brain would lie about that.

Anyway I can't speak for other schools (other than I think AUC doesn't require an interview) but SGU's interviews are famously easy-going. Do a search on SDN's interview feedback to get an idea of what they'll be like.

FYI with your stats you should be able to get in somewhere unless you've got some black mark on your app. Surely your state school or a 3rd tier private school would take you.

I'm contributing way to much to this forum right now...

I agree with angrybaby.

One thing about the SGU interview is that they make you write an essay on the spot. Its really a simple essay, that asks you a basic interview question.

i.e. What adjective best describes you.

Members don't see this ad :)
SGU does offer very relaxing interview. They ask you 3 basic essay questions and you have to write about it. Check out my feedback interview forum. I was interviewed Dec 20th and accepted yesterday. Let me know if you want further help or concern regarding the essay topics or interview in general.

The only reason we're all here is because we couldn't get into a US school; I don't think anyone with half a brain would lie about that.
I should qualify that statement by saying we couldn't get into any allopathic US schools. There are a number of Caribbean students that decided the osteopathic route wasn't for them, and a number that couldn't get into a DO school as well.