Interviews at U. Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snakeone

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here been through the Arizona application process? Do interviews go until the end of February or March?

Members don't see this ad.

The interviews run every week throughout Feb. and the last one scheduled is March 1st.

groo1515 said:
The interviews run every week throughout Feb. and the last one scheduled is March 1st.

Has anyone gotten an invite yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw a batch of prepharmacy students sweating it out just yesterday. Interviews here are pretty relaxing. It is more of a conversation with a professor and a pharmacy student. The only stressful part is the essay portion. However, they just want to make sure you can write in english and organize your thoughts. Once you are to the interview portion, you are pretty much in unless you screw it up majorly.

Actually it appears that less than half of those interviewed get accepted. I think I have a pretty good application yet no interview invite. I'm starting to get a bit nervous as UA is the only school I applied to. Anyone else out there with good stats and no invite?

snakeone said:
Actually it appears that less than half of those interviewed get accepted. I think I have a pretty good application yet no interview invite. I'm starting to get a bit nervous as UA is the only school I applied to. Anyone else out there with good stats and no invite?

I thought mine were decent, especially with UA's own GPA calculation (my average GPA there was 3.65 or so, and my PharmCAS is only a 3.46). But I still have yet to hear anything. Don't worry... I'm sure they've just been waiting until the deadline for everything to be in. Hopefully...! :confused:

Nice. It looks like we're in the same boat. Let me know when you get an invite. I'm guessing they're going through about 600 apps this year and it takes a while to filter through it all.