Interviews before MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OBGYN2010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do DO schools interview students before MCAT scores? I took the August MCAT...and I have been waiting on my secondaries since I don't have my scores yet. Do they wait until your MCAT scores are in before interviews?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

OBGYN2010 said:
Do DO schools interview students before MCAT scores? I took the August MCAT...and I have been waiting on my secondaries since I don't have my scores yet. Do they wait until your MCAT scores are in before interviews?

Thanks

Hi, Unfortunately I believe they do. The MCAT helps them do the initial screening,from what I understand, and they hold secondaries until the scores are sent as well. Will your primary even be delivered without?

Anyways, best of luck to you in you quest for medical education.

P.s. I hope to be an OB/gyn in 2010 too!!!!!!!!!

I'm interviewing with my old MCAT scores since I took the august one we just had. Maybe that makes a difference?

Members don't see this ad :)
Tee 224 said:
Hi, Unfortunately I believe they do. The MCAT helps them do the initial screening,from what I understand, and they hold secondaries until the scores are sent as well. Will your primary even be delivered without?

Anyways, best of luck to you in you quest for medical education.

P.s. I hope to be an OB/gyn in 2010 too!!!!!!!!!

I have started receiving secondaries (UNECOM, UMDNJ) with no MCAT socres on record...

I doubt any school starts interviewing without MCAT scores. I would be surprised to find out that one does. Existing MCAT scores are a different story.

I have never heard of them doing it either. Usually schools do have some minimum cut-off score and what if one's score doesn't make it?