Interviews during rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msenger69

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
From anyone's past experience:

How are most rotations with letting 4th years go interview during scheduled rotations? Most interviews are Nov.-Jan, and even if you space out say 15 interviews, you will be gone quite a bit during those 3 months. Anybody who has been through this care to comment on their experience? Thanks!
--MS

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you are doing a sub-i where you have direct responsibility for patient care, most of the previous fourth years that I have talked with have all said that most attendings are pretty reasonable/understanding with people taking time off since they are all pretty used to the fourth year process. One thing you can do is ask the attending/fellow before the rotation starts whether you taking off a lot of time for interviews. If they say that they would have a problem with that, you can always schedule something more cush. I think that idea rotations for interview time would include stuff like radiology or dermatology, or anything where the team or staff wasn't dependent on student help.