interviews during school year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FlowerGirl35

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm noticing the interviews fall on school days (obviously). I have a pretty packed schedule for this fall. Do you think most professors will give leniency to miss class on those interview days during the school week? In past semesters, I have never missed a single day of class and I hate when I do, as all the lectures for that day is missed :bang:
 
That will be up To your professors lol. Just let them know ahead of time. Also many interviews come post-dec.
 
Yes - your professors will understand. If they aren't being cooperative, seek out the department head and go from there. I can assure you the interview is much more important than whatever words the professor wants to spew that day.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes - your professors will understand. If they aren't being cooperative, seek out the department head and go from there. I can assure you the interview is much more important than whatever words the professor wants to spew that day.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hahaha 🤣
 
Depends on the professor. I had some understanding ones, some not so much. Just try to get all your work done ahead of time (as opposed to late) to show the prof you're not just ****ing around and skipping class. If you can, lighten your class load and/or try not to have classes on Monday or Friday.
 
Some dental schools will give you a several dates to choose from. Some only have a few days of interviews and if you can't make it to the interview, you won't be further considered.

Most will work with you. Same goes with professors.
 
Last edited: