Interviews the Week Before Christmas

Started by 753915
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

753915

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Many schools shut down for a week or two after Christmas. I have two interviews (Dec 19th and 20th) Has anyone had an interview during this time and if so, when did you receive a response? I'm just curious because I can't see how they would remember the interviewees after a break like that.
 
Many schools shut down for a week or two after Christmas. I have two interviews (Dec 19th and 20th) Has anyone had an interview during this time and if so, when did you receive a response? I'm just curious because I can't see how they would remember the interviewees after a break like that.

School interviewers don't just sit down with an interviewee and listen to them talk for an hour. :laugh:

they JOT DOWN NOTES and fill out evaluation forms for each interviewee and rate them so they can track the answers you give. They will remember you.
 
I've had interviews before, and I understand that they like to write down things.
However, my question was more about when I should expect an answer. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
School interviewers don't just sit down with an interviewee and listen to them talk for an hour. :laugh:

they JOT DOWN NOTES and fill out evaluation forms for each interviewee and rate them so they can track the answers you give. They will remember you.

Yep, they will be scribbling notes while you are talking. You'll also likely do a writing sample while you are there too, so they will take those and score them also. Then, I think they take those documents and your overall app to make their decision... It took about ~5 weeks for me to get an acceptance from my first interview. They may not remember your face (though I did fill out one app that allowed you to upload a photo), but will have records about who you are.