Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thezekroman

Illinois c/o 2023
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I did a mock interview with my school trying to prepare for vet school interviews. I sent them one of the list of interview questions that I found online (I think from A&M, but I don't remember) which they interlaced with some of their more general questions. They were able to help a bit, but they admitted they couldn't really tell me what vet schools or even grad schools in general would be looking for, so I was hoping that some people on here can help out. Specifically, I was concerned about what kind of answers they would be looking for with the questions like "What are the pros and cons of private practice" and questions about Euthanasia.
 
Last edited:
So I did a mock interview with my school trying to prepare for vet school interviews. I sent them one of the list of interview questions that I found online (I think from A&M, but I don't remember) which they interlaced with some of their more general questions. They were able to help a bit, but they admitted they couldn't really tell me what vet schools or even grad schools in general would be looking for, so I was hoping that some people on here can help out. Specifically, I was concerned about what kind of answers they would be looking for with the questions like "What are the pros and cons of private practice" and questions about Euthanasia.
Schools are wanting to make sure you understand the veterinary industry and can explain a viewpoint in a logical and usually precise manner. There are many opinions on most of the subjects, so there is not a "correct" answer. There are also usually behavior type questions such as "what would you do in x situation". Again, there isn't a correct answer, but you need to be able to handle yourself and explain why you would do x.