Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TanyaO86

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys...have any of you started getting interview invites?

Members don't see this ad.

Old Post: nope. . . I have everything in, applied to 8 schools, but no interviews yet. They usually say that they wait until late august or september.

Case Interview on 8/25/04 :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Case 8/16.

sept 10

how is their interview like?

how many get interviewed and get rejected..?

Scratch what I said before! Columbia just sent out their interview invite letter today to tell me to schedule an interview with them! I live a mile away from them so it reached me the same day that they mailed it!!

Too bad they are closed until monday . . .

got one in indiana 9/17 and one at nova 9/27
i am so freakin nervous

hey guys...for those of you have are getting the interviews, like from case and nova, when did u guys apply.. like when did u guys apply to aadsas and when was your info sent over.. thanks...

Members don't see this ad :)
Starzz said:
hey guys...for those of you have are getting the interviews, like from case and nova, when did u guys apply.. like when did u guys apply to aadsas and when was your info sent over.. thanks...
Applied in May 19 for Case 8/16 inteview.

ib6ub9 said:
got one in indiana 9/17 and one at nova 9/27
i am so freakin nervous

congrats on your interview invite to IUSD.
let me know if i can help with anything.

hey perfect, thanks a lot. ill be definitly writing to you. well as for my application and when it was sent
aadsas:may/25/04
nova secondary: 7/20

Starzz said:

June 1st, material mailed out from AADSAS around July 9th.

The Musketeer, do you know if everyone invited by Case to interview have all equal chances, or stats still play a significant role? Also, some people saying that during the first two interviewing weeks everyone gets accepted, unless you are a complete screw-up. Is this true?

DDS2BE said:
The Musketeer, do you know if everyone invited by Case to interview have all equal chances, or stats still play a significant role? Also, some people saying that during the first two interviewing weeks everyone gets accepted, unless you are a complete screw-up. Is this true?
By this time next week, I'll be on the HOT-SEAT at CASE. :D

I'm not far from you Mo007 :) .

Speaking of Nova, I am in the same shoes, just mailed the secondary in last week.

DDS2BE said:

Yes, in the admissions book that they give you it said that all applicants who have been granted interviews have the academic knowledge to be in dental school (something like this). So from this I think that once you get the interview your scores will not have as much importance.

I don't think all the interviewees who gets interviews early on are guranteed a spot, however, your chances of getting in will be significantly higher, that's for sure!

Mo007 said:
By this time next week, I'll be on the HOT-SEAT at CASE. :D

Well, good luck to everyone on their interviews! Just relax, the interviews are not as stressful as you think it may be!

columbia interview.

The Musketeer said:
Yes, in the admissions book that they give you it said that all applicants who have been granted interviews have the academic knowledge to be in dental school (something like this). So from this I think that once you get the interview your scores will not have as much importance.

I don't think all the interviewees who gets interviews early on are guranteed a spot, however, your chances of getting in will be significantly higher, that's for sure!

Thanks The Musketeer.
Now, can one really tell if got accepted from the interview? As far as I know, they are not allowed to disclose acceptance information until December 1st. Case is my fist choice school and I would not want to spend any more money for other interviews once I get accepted to Case

UT Houston Interview 8/23

Just had my CASE interview... It was very a positive one. I will be post my experience on the feedback section soon.

everyone that interviewed at case, please tell us about it. my interview is next week :scared: i am guessing they accept more than 70 out of the ~350 interviewed, because their class size is 70 and not everyone accepted decides to go there. they probably accept at least twice that. regardless, i am scared! interviewing is not one of my strong points. now, i read on the dental interviews site that most people's interview at case was about 45 minutes... is that 2 interviews that are each 45 minutes or the two add up to 45? thanks. :eek:

Biogirl

I just posted my CASE feedback, you can view it under "Dental School Interview Feedback". CASE has 2 interviewers, they interview the applicant separately, 20 mins each.

Good luck with your Interview.

mo, i was surfing through some old threads and couldnt help but notice you got accepted to a few places last year. so if you don't mind me asking...why are you interviewing again this year?? cause i know if i already went throught it all once i wouldn't be in any shape to do it again!! :)

Biogirl361 said:
everyone that interviewed at case, please tell us about it. my interview is next week :scared: i am guessing they accept more than 70 out of the ~350 interviewed, because their class size is 70 and not everyone accepted decides to go there. they probably accept at least twice that. regardless, i am scared! interviewing is not one of my strong points. now, i read on the dental interviews site that most people's interview at case was about 45 minutes... is that 2 interviews that are each 45 minutes or the two add up to 45? thanks. :eek:

Case accepts average 64 out of 350. 6 other spots are reserved for 6 yrs program students.

Good luck everyone ! It is a great school.

DDS2BE said:
Thanks The Musketeer.
Now, can one really tell if got accepted from the interview? As far as I know, they are not allowed to disclose acceptance information until December 1st. Case is my fist choice school and I would not want to spend any more money for other interviews once I get accepted to Case

If you ask the second interviewer, he/she will give you a good answer

Hello all:

I was just wondering when those of you that have already received interview invitations submitted your AADSAS application + materials? I submitted my stuff during the 1st week of June, and have not yet received any interviews??? Just 2ndaries. I'm kinda worried, seeing as how all of you are schedueling and going on interviews. :scared:

Also, do all schools begin extending interview invites during the month of august or just a select few? From what I have gathered; CASE, NOVA, Columbia, Temple, INDIANA.

Thanx for your help!

lake04

if the class size is 64, don't they have to accept around twice that though?

Biogirl361 said:
if the class size is 64, don't they have to accept around twice that though?

Yes - just because a school sends out an acceptance letter doesn't mean that the applicant will attend. My interview with Case is on Wednesday and I too am a bit nervous!

Sprgrover said:
Yes - just because a school sends out an acceptance letter doesn't mean that the applicant will attend. My interview with Case is on Wednesday and I too am a bit nervous!
Don't be. The whole thing (interview + financial aid talk + lunch + tour) takes about 4 hours. The interviewers will take you through the interview, they will not suprise you with questions that catches you off-guard. Ultimately, you are explaining more of what they already know about you.

Good Luck!

Sprgrover said:

Ya, don't be nervous. From what I seen, 1st day of interview for Case was this past Monday so I believe you got a very early interview and generally Case accepts a high percentage of people that have early interview. Just relax and you will be fine. I will probably see you (the only guys and gals in suits and dresses) in the Cafeteria!

Good Luck!

Biogirl361, quit that attitude! You're gettin' me nervous :smuggrin: ... kidding...

Everything will be OK, just relax and don't get other people all stressed out... go have some fun instead or do whatever you can to keep your mind off.

I just got invited to NOVA interview on October 13th. :D

Mo007, thanks for keeping us updated man! Speaking of OSU secondary, they ask questions like if you were ever been convicted for crime and stuff like that. Also, be ready to comment your DAT and college performance. It took me good 2 hours to finish that secondary.

DDS2BE said:
Mo007, thanks for keeping us updated man! Speaking of OSU secondary, they ask questions like if you were ever been convicted for crime and stuff like that. Also, be ready to comment your DAT and college performance. It took me good 2 hours to finish that secondary.
Thanks.

Temple-9/24

The first one feels good.

I think, as long as the applicants get an interview before November, their chances are all equal... since all those who were interviewed before December all find out whether they got accepted or not on Dec 1st.

got the invitation letter as well as the brochure in a big envelope

according to the previous interview feedbacks, it seems Temple interview is group interview... but some people also posted that it is one on one...

which is right? Group or individual or both?

They break you up into smaller groups of 4 or 5 people with one adcom member. At my interview, after introducing ourselves, we were asked maybe 3 or 4 questions and went around the room taking turns answering. It's pretty relaxed..nothing to stress about really. Good luck. :thumbup:

bbpower said:
They break you up into smaller groups of 4 or 5 people with one adcom member. At my interview, after introducing ourselves, we were asked maybe 3 or 4 questions and went around the room taking turns answering. It's pretty relaxed..nothing to stress about really. Good luck. :thumbup:

What about the essay? Did you have that? What kinda topic was it?

nrporter said:
I got an interview with UT San Antonio on August 30th. I just received it today. :eek:
If anyone has interviewed at San Antonio I would like to hear how it went. Or if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

I also visited UOP last week and was told that they are going to start sending out interview invites the end of this week or the beginning of next week. The first interview dates will be for Oct. 7th or 11th! :D

Best of luck! I recieved an invitation to Baylor for September 3rd. I have not heard from Houston or San Antonio. There are some excellent interview questions in the Dental students section listed by school. I found 21 good questions from the 3 schools. I have been told by a second year student at San Antonio to study my application thoroughly and practice with friends. Dress in business attire such as you would wear for a job interview.

May I ask what your stats were? I am wondering how they select for interviews. I have an MS in chemistry 3.5 and an MBA 3.4. My DAT was 17PAT, Reading 21, ORG 20, GEN 19, BIO 18, QUANT 14 (I think I goofed and navigated out of the DAT early). I applied fairly early so I am wondering about invitations.

We know that certain schools are on the ball and interviewing applicants already, but what about the rest of the schools? I have received secondaries from Arizona, Creighton, Nebraska, Louisville, Marquette, and Tufts and sent them in at least a month ago, but if I get an interview, about when should I expect it? I'm a little nervous. :confused:

Yeah.... Tufts will declare their interview schedule dates from end of September.

Stay Tuned. :D