Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FALL06

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi forum
I'm new to SDN but have enjoyed reading posts for several months during my application process to Podiatry school. I have several interviews without sending in my letters of rec or exam scores. Is there a possibility that the schools are assuming I'm taking the MCAT and that's why I'm being interviewed? Would they invite me for a visit if they were not seriously considering me? I plan on taking the GRE + subject exam... Anyone know any figures for pass rates on the boards for the different schools? I know DMU has a 100% pass...which is quite impressive...I haven't heard much about the other schools. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

FALL06 said:
Hi forum
I'm new to SDN but have enjoyed reading posts for several months during my application process to Podiatry school. I have several interviews without sending in my letters of rec or exam scores. Is there a possibility that the schools are assuming I'm taking the MCAT and that's why I'm being interviewed? Would they invite me for a visit if they were not seriously considering me? I plan on taking the GRE + subject exam... Anyone know any figures for pass rates on the boards for the different schools? I know DMU has a 100% pass...which is quite impressive...I haven't heard much about the other schools. Thanks

well they do invite people without receiving lor's and MCAT scores, i would make sure if i were you which schools accept GRE scores although i think all of them do. i was curious where you applied to and where you received interviews, also.

I applied to all the schools and got interviews from all of them except Arizona

ppormansdoormd said:
well they do invite people without receiving lor's and MCAT scores, i would make sure if i were you which schools accept GRE scores although i think all of them do. i was curious where you applied to and where you received interviews, also.

Members don't see this ad :)
FALL06 said:

i applied to temple, scholl, ohio and new york, how long after you submitted the application and fee did you hear from them and how did you hear from them email?phone?

I received my first interview from Barry by email two days after i submitted....I heard from the rest over the course of a week...all by phone.

ppormansdoormd said:
i applied to temple, scholl, ohio and new york, how long after you submitted the application and fee did you hear from them and how did you hear from them email?phone?

FALL06 said:
Would they invite me for a visit if they were not seriously considering me?

I sent a little more info to you in a PM, but to get to the point here-- they wouldn't send you an interview invite if you didn't have a chance. Many schools will give you a conditional acceptance, which means you are in, BUT you have to finish some requirements. I was accepted before all my LOR's were in, for example, yet my acceptance depended on getting the rest of them in.

Did you receive an actual rejection letter from AZPOD, or have you just not heard from them yet? Which school is your top choice? I was accepted to where I applied without an MCAT and I told the schools my reason for choosing to take the GRE instead - they were all ok with that and I will take the GRE in mid-Jan....so my acceptances are "conditional" on that, but it doesnt seems as though they would really revoke my acceptance - unless I just refused to take the test. Hope that helps.

FALL06 said:

runnersfeet said:
Did you receive an actual rejection letter from AZPOD, or have you just not heard from them yet? Which school is your top choice? I was accepted to where I applied without an MCAT and I told the schools my reason for choosing to take the GRE instead - they were all ok with that and I will take the GRE in mid-Jan....so my acceptances are "conditional" on that, but it doesnt seems as though they would really revoke my acceptance - unless I just refused to take the test. Hope that helps.

hey runnersfeet i got an email today from scpm saying that they are reviewing my application in the upcoming week (hopefully that means this week) and will contact me shortly, for the interview dates how did you pick an interview date did they give you a list of dates by email or by mail or something?

ppormansdoormd said:
hey runnersfeet i got an email today from scpm saying that they are reviewing my application in the upcoming week (hopefully that means this week) and will contact me shortly, for the interview dates how did you pick an interview date did they give you a list of dates by email or by mail or something?

I know this was meant for runnersfeet, but I thought I could tell you about my experience. A lady named Kimberly Young left me a message on my answering machine in mid October with a list of dates that had openings. I called her back with my choice and she sent me a confirmation e-mail with information on transportation and places to stay, etc. a few minutes later. In the end, I didn't choose SCPM, but I would have to say that it was a wonderful experience and everone was extremely nice and quite helpful.

Yup, I had a very similar experience. Kim called me and gave me a few dates to choose from...all were within a month of when she called. I chose one and then she sent me the confirmation with all of the relevant info for the interview date. I had to arrive at 930am, and I was there until about 2pm. I really liked everyone there and I really liked the area. It is still a top choice of mine..but I am now leaning towards AZPOD.

scpod said:
I know this was meant for runnersfeet, but I thought I could tell you about my experience. A lady named Kimberly Young left me a message on my answering machine in mid October with a list of dates that had openings. I called her back with my choice and she sent me a confirmation e-mail with information on transportation and places to stay, etc. a few minutes later. In the end, I didn't choose SCPM, but I would have to say that it was a wonderful experience and everone was extremely nice and quite helpful.

runnersfeet said:
Yup, I had a very similar experience. Kim called me and gave me a few dates to choose from...all were within a month of when she called. I chose one and then she sent me the confirmation with all of the relevant info for the interview date. I had to arrive at 930am, and I was there until about 2pm. I really liked everyone there and I really liked the area. It is still a top choice of mine..but I am now leaning towards AZPOD.

i just got an interview invite to tuspm today can somebody describe what the day is going to be like, and what kind of questions they ask? and how long the interview is?