Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Has anyone gotten invites?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im sooo jealous! that's my first choice! optomcas is still calculating my GPA! how did you get them to calculate u're gpa so fast!

I submitted mine July 11th! It actually took about 10 days to get them processed and sent, so it did take a while. Hang in there! :)

I submitted mine July 11th! It actually took about 10 days to get them processed and sent, so it did take a while. Hang in there! :)

Have u written your OAT, im planning to write it by the end of this month. im still currently enrolled in 2 sociology classes hoping to get my gpa to a 3.1

Yes, I just took it last week. I'm hovering at a 3.2 myself.. but my first choice is SUNY. hopefully they'll offer me at least an interview.

I had a little under 3.2 - you might get in too! Anything is possible.

My gpa is a 3.2. Taking my OAT this Saturday! I'm so nervous. I'm glad other people's gpa's are around mine. Make me feel better.

@FutureEyeDr

hey how did u do in the oat and how much time do u think is enough to study 4 it?

I'm applying to SCCO, Western University of Health Sciences, PUCO, PCO. My first choice is SCCO! God I hope I do well on the OAT! I have been studying all summer.

I studied for it for about 2 months this summer. I got 340AA/350TS. Physics kicked my tush, haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got interviews from UAB and SCO on Tuesday! My OptomCAS still hasn't been sent out but they received my supplemental app's within a day.

Godawgs. Concerning SCO when did you get all of your information in? I sent my application in (with sup app) on july 15, and just took my OAT last week. I'm anxious is all.

Godawgs. Concerning SCO when did you get all of your information in? I sent my application in (with sup app) on july 15, and just took my OAT last week. I'm anxious is all.
Well, I sent my supplemental application August 1st (and OptomCAS in on August 8th) and heard from them on the 10th. I took my OAT July 27th but they still hadn't received my official scores so they asked me to scan/email them. I'm sure now that you have taken your OAT you will be hearing something soon!

UAB told me that they like to interview "acceptance ready" (OAT taken, application complete) people as soon as they can. Not sure if that's how SCO does it but just wanted to throw that out there.

Well, I sent my supplemental application August 1st (and OptomCAS in on August 8th) and heard from them on the 10th. I took my OAT July 27th but they still hadn't received my official scores so they asked me to scan/email them. I'm sure now that you have taken your OAT you will be hearing something soon!

UAB told me that they like to interview "acceptance ready" (OAT taken, application complete) people as soon as they can. Not sure if that's how SCO does it but just wanted to throw that out there.

the SCO supp app needs your cum opt gpa, how do you know that if optomcas didnt calc it?

it just asks for cumulative GPA so I used my overall from undergrad. I guess that was dumb not to wait on optomcas to recalculate but I'm pretty confident my gpa won't change much.

Last edited:
it just asks for cumulative GPA so I used my overall from undergrad. I guess that was dumb not to wait on optomcas to recalculate but I'm pretty confident my gpa won't change much.

It's fine to go ahead and do the supplemental without waiting for OptomCAS. Also, I am assuming you go to UGA from profile name and schools listed above. Your GPA won't change from the cumulative at UGA.

Hmm... I've looked into the GPA calculation on OptomCas and I don't see how it could really make a difference. Has anyone experienced a significant GPA change, say .1-.2?

By the way, I know this isn't the place to ask this but I've recently become interested in optometry (going into my junior year but all my pre-reqs will be completed). I wanted to know if I take the OAT during my Junior year summer, do I apply for the July in my Junior year or my Senior year? If I choose my Senior year to start applying, will it make me miss the deadline and not enter the following fall of when I graduate?

Ok great, thank you for clarifying that for us. That's a relief to hear. And yes I do go to UGA.

Hmm... I've looked into the GPA calculation on OptomCas and I don't see how it could really make a difference. Has anyone experienced a significant GPA change, say .1-.2?

By the way, I know this isn't the place to ask this but I've recently become interested in optometry (going into my junior year but all my pre-reqs will be completed). I wanted to know if I take the OAT during my Junior year summer, do I apply for the July in my Junior year or my Senior year? If I choose my Senior year to start applying, will it make me miss the deadline and not enter the following fall of when I graduate?

If you have taken any Departmental exams (i.e. tested out of classes) they WILL NOT be counted toward yourOptomCAS GPAs. My undergrad GPA is almost .1 higher than my OptomCAS GPA.

What do you mean by departmental exams?

Sent in my Optomcas app on July 15th. Took my OAT and it was mailed on the 5th of August. I have received general mass emails from 3 of the 5 schools I applied to but no interview invites as of now. Gpa-3.5 Oat-320AA.

What gives?

Makes me nervous waiting around when I see people have already received interviews to the schools I have applied to....

If you have taken any Departmental exams (i.e. tested out of classes) they WILL NOT be counted toward yourOptomCAS GPAs. My undergrad GPA is almost .1 higher than my OptomCAS GPA.
What if some classes are AP credit from high school? Do those get used for GPA?

Sent in my Optomcas app on July 15th. Took my OAT and it was mailed on the 5th of August. I have received general mass emails from 3 of the 5 schools I applied to but no interview invites as of now. Gpa-3.5 Oat-320AA.

What gives?

Makes me nervous waiting around when I see people have already received interviews to the schools I have applied to....

Be patient mate, I have a 3.5 GPA, 360AA 380TS and still waiting on interviews. It's still early, give it few more weeks then check up with schools if you don't hear anything. That's what I plan on doing. Good luck!

What if some classes are AP credit from high school? Do those get used for GPA?

They do calculate AP credits into your transcript, but I don't think they count towards GPA (just like in undergrad). And now to answer the question earlier about what is a departmental exam. I had some international experience in Argentina and learned spanish, so when I got back to the States I took a couple of spanish tests and earned the equivalent of 16 credits of straight A's. Bummed they don't count though...:(

So anymore of you have received interview invites yet?

Anyone from ICO? I'm interested in talking to you if you have. :)

anyone got an invite from scco or western yet? my app was mailed 7/28 and i got emails saying they have everything from both schools but still haven't got an invite...this is so nerve racking, I just wanna know already!

anyone got an invite from scco or western yet? my app was mailed 7/28 and i got emails saying they have everything from both schools but still haven't got an invite...this is so nerve racking, I just wanna know already!

I applied there too and haven't heard from them either.

I got interviews from PCO and ICO. I still have heard nothing from NECO or SCO.. anybody with either interviews to those places? how long did it take for a response??

I got interviews from PCO and ICO. I still have heard nothing from NECO or SCO.. anybody with either interviews to those places? how long did it take for a response??

when are you interviewing at ICO? ill be there october 3rd :)

i got an interview from SCO a few weeks ago, they were super fast about it, and i dont even think they had my full application when i got the invite.

What about Midwestern? Has anyone gotten an invite from them?

What about Midwestern? Has anyone gotten an invite from them?

Nope I haven't heard form them! MY APPLICATION WAS SENT out aug 19th but I only got an email saying that they received my optomcas application but nothing after that. :(

Nope I haven't heard form them! MY APPLICATION WAS SENT out aug 19th but I only got an email saying that they received my optomcas application but nothing after that. :(

i got rejected from midwestern.
sco said I needed to retake the oats but they will still consider me.

anyone hear from UHCO?

I got a second email from Midwestern asking me to create a user ID and then ..... silence. I too submitted mine the 19th of Aug. Maybe they're just slow???

I got a second email from Midwestern asking me to create a user ID and then ..... silence. I too submitted mine the 19th of Aug. Maybe they're just slow???

I got that email too. but nothing after

I got that email too. but nothing after

Just as a heads up everyone, it turns out that they did not have all of my letters of recommendation entered into the system so that's why they were not proceeding with my application. You should check the "applicant checklist" of the online portal to see if that might be the case for you as well.

Just as a heads up everyone, it turns out that they did not have all of my letters of recommendation entered into the system so that's why they were not proceeding with my application. You should check the "applicant checklist" of the online portal to see if that might be the case for you as well.

I checked and they only have one of mine so do i call them?