Intrinsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just heard about Intrinsa this week, and I'm a little concerned of the effects of prolonged use of testosterone for women. What do you all think about it?

Members don't see this ad.

FutureRxGal said:
I just heard about Intrinsa this week, and I'm a little concerned of the effects of prolonged use of testosterone for women. What do you all think about it?

I don't usually come by these parts, but I've just been reading about this drug so it piqued my curiosity. My big prediction: sales of Nair and hair removal systems will shoot up ;)

But seriously, apparently even its effectiveness is still debatable - one study found a 50% increase in libido, while another found an average increase of "one satisfying sexual event" per month - not at all impressive.

AS for the effects of long term testosterone use - I read that spatial reasoning in both men and women tends to increase as testosterone levels increase. But I'm sure there will be plenty of negative side effects to counter this positive one. :)