Intro/Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Where are you in the training?

  • Pre-vet: hope to apply soon

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Pre-vet: class-o'2010 hopeful

    Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Vet student: am I done yet?

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Slave: er, I mean, intern/resident

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Done: general practice/specialist

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other: animal lovers and lurkers

    Votes: 1 2.9%

  • Total voters
    35

MicheleVet

DVM c/o 2005
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like there are a lot of new folks on the boards, especially those in vet school and after. I know we have a "getting to know you" thread around here, but I thought it might be neat to know where all are in the training process.

Feel free to just respond to the poll or to pipe in with a few lines about yourself.
 
Michele,

I assume you're an intern or resident. Where, may I ask? I applied for an internship via VIRMP this year and am anxiously awaiting the results (March 6th).

(My assumption is based on the fact that a class of 2005 vet would already be a vet, but the poll shows zero vets at the moment).
 
I'm a small animal intern at UF in Gainesville, Florida. I'm hoping to do a surgical residency in the future. However I'm waiting to find out where my hubby matched for Human Ophtho Residnency....

Good luck in the match!!!! I know how stressful it is!!!