Intro to Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziggy1104

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Any quick responses would be very appreciated...trying to register for classes before they are taken up :)

So, I have just discovered (late, I know), that any biology credits will be considered for the pre-reqs at the school I am applying (vs. strictly bio 1 + 2). I have met the 8 credit requirements; however, 4 of those credits are intro to bio + lab. The other 4 are bio 1+lab.

Question is: should I go ahead and take bio 2 anyways. Just worried they will be concerned with no bio 2. Keep in mind I have over 120 credits already and still have 3 semesters left, plus have run out of loan money :confused:

I of course would like to graduate as cheaply and quickly as possible at this point, but with a running chance. If bio 2 will make or break my app, I would rather take it now then as a non-degree seeking student later. However, not sure if it will really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Impulse155

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have to take a bio class take a class that will help you the most in dental school. I'm not sure exactly what you "bio 2" consists of.
Physiology, biochem/cell bios are the two best choices in my opinion.
You'll benefit the most from seeing those already and help the most with your DAT

gentlerwave

NHSC Dentist/Endo Resident
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the bio sequence (bio1+bio2) is pre-reg for upper-level bio courses. So it's best if you complete bio2.

Members don't see this ad :)

ziggy1104

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wont taking any upper level courses (non-science major) so it not necessary for those. It would be helpful for the dat im sure, but worth all the tuition money + time? I should add I have 2 months of nothing but dat study.

All these factors considered: worth it or no?

Impulse155

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wont taking any upper level courses (non-science major) so it not necessary for those. It would be helpful for the dat im sure, but worth all the tuition money + time? I should add I have 2 months of nothing but dat study.

All these factors considered: worth it or no?
Well then it comes down to as a non science major do you feel confident that 2 months will give you adequate knowledge for a strong DAT?
And you need 1 year of bio classes, 1 year of bio lab. Make sure you have your pre- reqs

Slumber

Hear Me Roar!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bio1 & 2 are pre-reqs for most ds. So the 4 credits from intro bio means literally nothing to ds admins.

ziggy1104

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for advice. I appreciate it :)