Intro to Chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

metalkaren

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard that taking Intro to Chem is a huge help for Gen Chem if you've never taken any chemistry before. I'm trying to skip Intro to Chem but do a lot of studying on my own before I take Gen Chem. What basic concepts are taught in Intro that prepare you for Gen? I'm reading a Gen Chem text right now, and it seems to be geared towards beginners and walks you through the basics. So I guess what I'm asking is what's the difference? Is Gen just moving at a faster pace?