Online zoom gen chem II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!! I am in my first gap year and starting to develop a school list for next cycle. Yesterday I was looking at pre-reqs and online classes are not permitted at a few of my schools. Especially my state schools which worried me. (NY resident specifically talking about buffalo) Basically, I took Gen chem II through my university over the summer. It was synchronous with zoom and exams and I took the lab in person. It was also condensed so academically more rigorous. I got an A in this class as well as every single science class taken the rest of college including ochem and biochem. How strict are these requirements? Should I reach out to admissions at these schools to find out if I can even apply? I don’t even know how I’d go about retaking it. 🥲
 
Hello!! I am in my first gap year and starting to develop a school list for next cycle. Yesterday I was looking at pre-reqs and online classes are not permitted at a few of my schools. Especially my state schools which worried me. (NY resident specifically talking about buffalo) Basically, I took Gen chem II through my university over the summer. It was synchronous with zoom and exams and I took the lab in person. It was also condensed so academically more rigorous. I got an A in this class as well as every single science class taken the rest of college including ochem and biochem. How strict are these requirements? Should I reach out to admissions at these schools to find out if I can even apply? I don’t even know how I’d go about retaking it. 🥲
Does your transcript say it is online? Many undergrads offer hybrid or virtual versions of their classes and do not distinguish it from the regular sections. Buffalo seems to explicitly state lab needs to be in person and that the pre-req should be in a classroom setting, which you were since it was synchronous instead of just modules you completed at your own time.