Introducing myself

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heatherkmd

Future Medicine Woman
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have been lurking for about two years now and I thought since I was now officially a P-1 that I should come out and let you know I am here and check in with you all almost everyday.

I am a NC native and am part of Campbell Univ's SOP Class of 2011!

I'm nontraditional in that I am married and have two children and my family is so supportive of my going to school.
The most overwhelming part of the this year so far has been time management and handling the crazy schedule...also the while the material isn't "hard" it is the bulk and pace that has definitely kept me on my toes.

I have learned so much from reading the posts here, I am quite partial to WVUPharmDs blog....that is good stuff.

Just wanted to let you know I was here, have been reading for a while now....just thought I would put myself out there at the risk of being thwarted with replies from people who dont like newbies... (I promise I am nice :D )

I plan on being here more, so Hi!

Now I am going to study Micro and all those "juicy bugs" as my Micro Prof annoyingly continues to say.....

~Heather

Members don't see this ad.

welcome juicy bugs..

I like killing juicy bugs...cost effectively.

Welcome to the board, Heather!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
so heatherkmd....what kind of pharmacy do you want to practice?

Hi Epic
When I started school, initially I thought that the hospital setting would be for me. I honestly am one of the few in my class that does not want to do retail forever. So many of my P-1 classmates are there with Kerr Drug, Walgreens and CVS obligations once they graduate.....I dont want to commit myself yet at all. I guess I will see which of the rotations interests me the most during my P-4 year and go from there. Retail may be something that I start my career with and then go on to work in a different aspect of pharmacy after a few years. Some aspects of retail appeal to me, and some of them dont at all! I do want to have patient contact and I don't want to have the same routine everyday. So, I guess I could have just answered your question with three words instead of this long-winded response....I don't know. What type of pharmacy do you/will you practice?

-What about a business trip?
-No,no...but wait a minute..:D

Aren't you on the other side of the Atlantic?? Your British accent would disqualify you from giving a talk at fancy dinner program down here in Texas... unless you can learn how to talk like a Texan..

Members don't see this ad :)
But no hats.. just golf caps..

Aren't you on the other side of the Atlantic?? Your British accent would disqualify you from giving a talk at fancy dinner program down here in Texas... unless you can learn how to talk like a Texan..

Yes, that’s true, I’m far away, but not on the moon.
Do you still have Dialing for Dollars there in America? Maybe I would have a chance in this program.

Yes, that’s true, I’m far away, but not on the moon.
Do you still have Dialing for Dollars there in America? Maybe I would have a chance in this program.

I read it as Darlings for Dollars... like Whoa..what are you into.

But I have no clue what a dialing for dolloars is.

A clue? Hmm, do you like Janis Joplin?

y'all still listen to Janis Joplin ??
Hmmm...and I can barely remember any of her songs!!!

"Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a color TV?
Dialing for Dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until three,
So oh Lord, won’t you buy me a color TV?"

"Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a color TV?
Dialing for Dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until three,
So oh Lord, won’t you buy me a color TV?"

hmmm...y'all are just working on color TV now??

We have moved beyond that here...now spoiled with Plasma and LCD flat monitor TV are what we have... :smuggrin:

j/k

Oh Heather..one more thing...

get used to threadjacks!!:thumbup:

"hmmm...y'all are just working on color TV now??

We have moved beyond that here...now spoiled with Plasma and LCD flat monitor TV are what we have... "

I know, I know,
It was a good move, I mean Texas annexation to the United States in 1845.

I know, I know,
It was a good move, I mean Texas annexation to the United States in 1845.

:eek:

Are you sure about that... I'm not so sure we signed on the dotted line..

We're still a nation of our own!!!

Welcome to:
header.gif

Enjoy school and enjoy your career search, we are here to answer any questions you may have.......

Thank you, Old Timer! have enjoyed your informative advice...posts...for some time now...

Hi Epic
When I started school, initially I thought that the hospital setting would be for me. I honestly am one of the few in my class that does not want to do retail forever. So many of my P-1 classmates are there with Kerr Drug, Walgreens and CVS obligations once they graduate.....I dont want to commit myself yet at all. I guess I will see which of the rotations interests me the most during my P-4 year and go from there. Retail may be something that I start my career with and then go on to work in a different aspect of pharmacy after a few years. Some aspects of retail appeal to me, and some of them dont at all! I do want to have patient contact and I don't want to have the same routine everyday. So, I guess I could have just answered your question with three words instead of this long-winded response....I don't know. What type of pharmacy do you/will you practice?

Heather honey - you don't KNOW long-winded until you and I have chatted:D

:eek:

Are you sure about that... I'm not so sure we signed on the dotted line..

We're still a nation of our own!!!

Ditto what SDN1977 said. When the texas economy exceeds that of California's I'll start paying attention to all that "texas is it's own country" and "we are the only state who flies the state flag higher than the US flag" crap.

Ditto what SDN1977 said. When the texas economy exceeds that of California's I'll start paying attention to all that "texas is it's own country" and "we are the only state who flies the state flag higher than the US flag" crap.

Note sarcasm and joke...

And having left California twice and now in Texas... you wouldn't understand it...

Hiya, I am a new P1 too. I am also a non-traditional student, though not as far out as you. I finished undergrad 3 years ago and have been working as a tech for about 2 years. I have a classmate like you who has 2 little kids... I don't know how she does it! Hope things go well for you.

Wasn't he a Czar of the USSR or something....? Communist!!!

We can only hope he was joking or he spent way too much time in the Hydroxyzine-Lipitor aisle.... If not, well it's not to late to repeat European history....