Introduction to OB/Gyn ... Good sources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Antiviral22

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone ...

I'm a 2nd year (male) med student who has recently discovered an interest in obstetrics (not so much gyn, but I know it's part of the package deal). The problem is that I don't know the first thing about women's health issues or basic obstetric concepts. Clearly, I'll be learning a lot about these topics over the next 2.5 years, but if anyone could recommend some really good review articles, textbooks, or sources that could serve as a good introduction to a journey through ob/gyn I would greatly appreciate it. Ya' know, something to review before my reproductive/obstetric unit and before 3rd year ob/gyn rotation. Thanks.
 
For the ob/gyn clerkship at my school most people really liked blueprints. I really liked obstetrics and gynecology by Beckman. This is probably a little more than you need to know for 2nd year though.
 
For the clerkship - I used Casefiles and Ob/Gyn Secrets. I think the secrets would be a decent choice for review during second year for your unit. It's got short chapters with questions and the answers in paragraph form right after it. Glad you are interested in ob/gyn - welcome! 🙂