Introduction!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coogs08

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I plan to be spending lots of time on this site for the forseeable future :)

I graduated in 2010 from a state university in Texas with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. My plan growing up and even in the beginning of undergrad was to attend medical school immediately after getting my degree, however as we all know, things didn't quite work out that way. I have been working as an engineer in the energy industry for the past few years, along with being a full-time father and husband at home.

I didn't do too well in my first couple years of school, however after I began dating my wife (who was in pharmacy school at the time) I was really motivated and my performance in school improved significantly. I have thought about going back to school for a while to take the pre-reqs for medical school, but now I am ready to act on it. I will be taking chem I and bio I in Fall 2014. My passion has always been medicine and I am going to try my best to become a doctor, just so that in 10 years I won't be sitting around wondering 'what if'. I know the road is going to be very tough, but I am looking forward to the journey. I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you over the next couple years and hopefully we can be moaning about how tough med school is together soon!

Cheers,
-Avi

Members don't see this ad.

I am just starting too. You are ahead of me though :) My dad is an Electrical Engineer and he loves it. He always wanted me to be one but I am not really good at Math:D

Hope to see more here. This forum is great!

Hello, i'm Melissa. I'm thankful to find this site..
Hope to see you around.
Cheers!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello I'm Marie! I'm just starting too, was/am a speech pathologist working in a school while I get my pre-reqs. :)