Introduction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

underclass

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone-
I've been a lurker on this site for a LOOOOOONG time and have really drawn a lot of inspiration from all of the non-trads here. I figured it's time to contribute. ;)

I am 36 years old and at times I wonder what the hell I'm doing with this pre-med stuff. Other times I'm very confident about my chances (mostly because of the posts I read here and on OPM).

I've been working full time as an alcohol and drug counselor while completing my prereqs at a CC . Lately I've been thinking of sucking it up and quitting work, going to school full-time and living off of financial aid as well as my wife's income (she is very supportive of this whole process).

Has any other non-trads out there followed a similar route?

I'm tranferring to UC Davis soon to finish a BS in psych and no matter how hard I try, I can't stop getting older. :oops: My end goal is to be a DO psychiatrist with an addiction medicine specialty.

Thanks for reading.
Scott

Members don't see this ad.

The grave diggers are busy.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously, I hope this guy is in med school now. He's 43 now.

The grave diggers are busy.

monstertruck-gravedigger.jpg

Hahahaha. I am at the bar right now and almost just fell off my chair laughing at this thread.

Okay. I may think this is funnier then it actually is.

Hahahhahahahaha

Hahahaha. I am at the bar right now and almost just fell off my chair laughing at this thread.

Hahahhahahahaha

Even funnier than this thread is the fact that you are at the bar reading SDN forums.

Hahahhahahahaha

Yeah especially if you are drinking it can be funnier. :) I went to a comedy club and the jokes were so much funnier with a drink in my hand...