Introductory Books for EEG - Recommednations ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyneuron

cyneuron
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to be attending an 8 weeks EEG/Epilepsy Course and looking for a good introductory book on EEG for this purpose (equivalent to 1st/2nd year Neurology Residency as well).

I have gone through SDN posts regarding this, but those posts are old and haven't discussed all options.

Following are the options on Amazon, listed below in my current order of preference. It will be really great if people may provide their recommendations/reviews/suggestions -

1. Primer of EEG: With A Mini-Atlas, 2003 (224 Pages)

2. Handbook of EEG Interpretation, 2007 (276 Pages)

3. EEG Pearls, 2006 (304 Pages)

Rest of EEG books, namely The Johns Hopkins Atlas of Digital EEG: An Interactive Training Guide, Practical Approach to Electroencephalography, Fisch and Spehlmann's EEG Primer: Basic Principles of Digital and Analog EEG, Reading EEGs: A Practical Approach are too big to be considered as Introductory.

Please advice.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

146 views and no replies !!!

Please advice...

146 views and no replies !!!

Please advice...

I haven't done my EEG rotation yet, but where I'm at they recommend the Primer of EEG that you reference above. Good luck and hope that helps!