Intubating on pillows

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can McGrath anybody in almost any position it seems.

I think the view with glidescope is much better than any other video laryngoscope out there.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think the view with glidescope is much better than any other video laryngoscope out there.
Respectfully disagree. Maybe the glidescopes I've used are old as ****, same with the cmacs on the overhead monitor, but I've frequently see blurred images, weirdly like "pixelated" video etc etc. On the otherhand, the mcgraths I've used have all been hi def crystal clear images.

Respectfully disagree. Maybe the glidescopes I've used are old as ****, same with the cmacs on the overhead monitor, but I've frequently see blurred images, weirdly like "pixelated" video etc etc. On the otherhand, the mcgraths I've used have all been hi def crystal clear images.
Opposite experience for me. Glidescope = great. C-mac sucks.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Opposite experience for me. Glidescope = great. C-mac sucks.

I think glidescope is the most intuitive to use and the position of the camera and its field of view is wide enough that you can see your endotracheal tube without it obscuring the glottic opening in the "money shot". CMAC view is too narrow, too upclose. I've had several instances where we started with the CMAC, was unable to intubate because the view sucked, and switched to a glidescope and was subsequently successful. I've also used the King vision and McGrath scopes which are nice and portable for emergency airways outside of the OR, but also one tier below glidescope.

Oh yeah I've seen a few of those "pixelated" videos

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user