Intubation courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Char

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was considering taking an difficult airway course. Any suggestions as to which one is the best....thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I was considering taking an difficult airway course. Any suggestions as to which one is the best....thanks in advance.

The one that you take and improves your skills is the best (for you).

If you've tubed a few hundred folks with a laryngoscope then a difficult airway course would be a good idea. Its fun to learn airway stuff.

Learn to use an LMA. Thats the easiest and safest way to establish an airway. No its not protected, but who cares if it means avoiding brain death.

Learn where to cut for a cricothyrotomy. There you go. Thats your back up plan.

Other useful tools to have available: fiberoptic scope. Awsome for planned difficult airway intubations. Wicked for awake intubation both nasal and oral.

Glidescope. SOrry I love this thing. If you have this and a gum elastic bougie you can nail just about anything.

If you are bored check out the KING LT. Cool device. Almost idiot proof.

Vent

Members don't see this ad :)
absolutely second the LMA bit. In fact, I only post because everytime someone pointed out that it wasnt "protected" I always thought "from what?" - last I checked, keeping the grey matter oxygenated pretty much trumps. OK end of soapbox.

I can't answer which is best as I have only worked with Levitan. He comes out to our program annually to do his class and it is terrific. Based on that, I would highly recommend his class.

I can't answer which is best as I have only worked with Levitan. He comes out to our program annually to do his class and it is terrific. Based on that, I would highly recommend his class.

Levitan and his course are really great. I do have to say that after having had his course, my confidence level on airways jumped immensely.

I did Ron Walls's course earlier this year. Very well laid out with a chance to play with all the different toys out there and to discuss your own airway experiences with the experts. The live fiberoptic airway "tour" is definitely worth seeing!