Invitation to Berkeley Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sushingreentea

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has received an interview invitation. I've been checking my email and the mail, but I haven't heard back from them. They said they anticipate sending all invitations out by next week.

Thanks/.

Members don't see this ad.

We anticipate releasing invitations no later than the week of January 12.
So I guess we give them til the end of the week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got an invitation via email today! I was starting to get a little discouraged since this is the last week that UCBSO will be sending out invites, but they seem to like doing everything in bulk, so I'm guessing that maybe they just started sending them out? Don't worry if you haven't heard from them yet - we're only halfway through the week. Good luck, everyone!

Do they do interviews only on Feb 7th for all applicants?
Does anyone know how many applicants were invited for their interview?
thanks!

Do they do interviews only on Feb 7th for all applicants?
Does anyone know how many applicants were invited for their interview?
thanks!

Did you get an interview there too minimeeeeeee?

I think they typically invite over 100 people, for about 65 spots. Everyone interviews on the same day..from what I hear, it makes for quite a day.

I think they typically invite over 100 people, for about 65 spots. Everyone interviews on the same day..from what I hear, it makes for quite a day.

wow that sounds like so much fun!

Yep! Just got the email today.
I'll see you on the interview day :D

I also got an invitation via email today! I was starting to get a little discouraged since this is the last week that UCBSO will be sending out invites, but they seem to like doing everything in bulk, so I'm guessing that maybe they just started sending them out? Don't worry if you haven't heard from them yet - we're only halfway through the week. Good luck, everyone!

As far as I know, EVERYONE should have received an email today telling them the good or bad news.

Me too! Just wondering, did your letter include "Your energy and enthusiasm for graduate studies in optometry were genuine in your application and did not go unnoticed by the Admissions Committee"? stupid question, i know, but just wondering if it's stock letter or a special note because i'm so excited!!!

Me too! Just wondering, did your letter include "Your energy and enthusiasm for graduate studies in optometry were genuine in your application and did not go unnoticed by the Admissions Committee"? stupid question, i know, but just wondering if it's stock letter or a special note because i'm so excited!!!

Damn, I thought my energy and enthusiasm in my application was special!

Congrats to you all!

I heard from Sharon Joyce that there are about 130 people total who got invited to the interview this year and that there's about a 11% increase in total applicants from last year. Good job to everyone who's coming on Feb. 7th! I look forward to meeting some of you here at UCBSO! Feel free to PM me if you have questions about the interview process! Most of this should be fresh in my mind still since it was only a year ago for me haha. Good luck to you all!

This is a shameless "BUMP"^^^

Sooooooo, when do you people know if you are accepted/rejected/whatever?

I just want to know when some of you will get out of my desired seat. ;)

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!

See everyone tomorrow, I'm sure it's going to be a hectic yet exciting day!