Invited for Midwestern School!!Help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

comet81

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am invited for Candidate Visit at Midwestern University Chicago college of pharmacy on Dec 11th. Can anyone help me how I am prepared for the visit?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I went to the first MCV in October and just found out Monday I got accepted:oops: . You don't really need to do much to prepare, all it consists of is a writing sample (very easy and logical question) and a group discussion. Basically a group of 10-12 students and one professor in a room. You should probably have at least 3-4 questions in mind to ask and an interesting fact about yourself for introductions. Just relax, be a good listener (lots of presentations and talking), and have fun! Good luck!!

I am invited for Candidate Visit at Midwestern University Chicago college of pharmacy on Dec 11th. Can anyone help me how I am prepared for the visit?

I'll be there then too! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello. I went to the first MCV in October and just found out Monday I got accepted:oops: . You don't really need to do much to prepare, all it consists of is a writing sample (very easy and logical question) and a group discussion. Basically a group of 10-12 students and one professor in a room. You should probably have at least 3-4 questions in mind to ask and an interesting fact about yourself for introductions. Just relax, be a good listener (lots of presentations and talking), and have fun! Good luck!!

What is group discussion? How does it run? I am just curious.

It starts off as introductions, each potential goes around the room stating their name, where they are from and an interesting fact about them. After that the professor opens it up for questions and that is about it. Make sure you are involved in the Q&A and come prepared to ask questions and show an interest in learning more about Midwestern! Good luck!

What is group discussion? How does it run? I am just curious.

It starts off as introductions, each potential goes around the room stating their name, where they are from and an interesting fact about them. After that the professor opens it up for questions and that is about it. Make sure you are involved in the Q&A and come prepared to ask questions and show an interest in learning more about Midwestern! Good luck!

Let me ask you one more question about the group discussion. So, invited students were all entered at the same room and discuss about something. And professor kinda grade such activity. am I right?

So how many people are there? Around a dozen? Also did you go on the optional school tour? How long did that last? So the turnaround on admissions decisions was about 4-5 weeks which isnt too bad.

Looking forward to seeing you there comet.

So how many people are there? Around a dozen? Also did you go on the optional school tour? How long did that last? So the turnaround on admissions decisions was about 4-5 weeks which isnt too bad.

So, are you invited for Dec 11th invitation?

On the Oct 22nd MCV there the potentials were split into 3 groups around 10-12 students each I would say...I went on the optional school tour, led by a first year, but it was cold so if you have been to the campus before maybe skip it...I had not so I wanted to see the buildings/dorms, etc...I heard 3 weeks after my MCV. Good luck!

On the Oct 22nd MCV there the potentials were split into 3 groups around 10-12 students each I would say...I went on the optional school tour, led by a first year, but it was cold so if you have been to the campus before maybe skip it...I had not so I wanted to see the buildings/dorms, etc...I heard 3 weeks after my MCV. Good luck!

I noticed you live in Minnesota, and you said the tour was cold?!?! I am going to die....FL gal here. Have you decided if you're going there next year jlpolla?

Haha...Well it was windy which made for a cold day when you are outside for 20 minute tour in heels (hehe...). YES I am going there, I loved everything about it and I don't want to waste any more money on applying to any more schools. For me, it is still close to home, so I am content in Illinois! Good luck again!

I noticed you live in Minnesota, and you said the tour was cold?!?! I am going to die....FL gal here. Have you decided if you're going there next year jlpolla?

do they give just anyone the acceptance letters.. the people that are qualified and then accept you indefinitely from the essay you write?

I'll be there on the 11th too!!

do they give just anyone the acceptance letters.. the people that are qualified and then accept you indefinitely from the essay you write?

Well they already like something about you or they wouldn't have invited you on the 11th. Now that you are past the application screening phase, definitely make sure to be enthusiasic about MWU and write a great essay! Good luck

Hey..guys..What hotel are you guys gonna stay on Dec 11th interview. I am from Maryland so I am not familiar about this area. Can anyone recommend me somewhere closer to the school?

Also, for those who went to interview already,,is it allowed to be at the interview with one of my family member? Since I am from out of state, I am planning to be there with someone.

Hey..guys..What hotel are you guys gonna stay on Dec 11th interview. I am from Maryland so I am not familiar about this area. Can anyone recommend me somewhere closer to the school?

Also, for those who went to interview already,,is it allowed to be at the interview with one of my family member? Since I am from out of state, I am planning to be there with someone.

I took my wife with me when I went to interview at Oregon State. She toured campus and got info on housing, financing, etc while I was interviewing. I don't think I would have wanted her in the interview with me though (even if it was allowed.)

There really isn't a program for family members. I guess I don't know what they would do while you were writing your essay or in the breakout sessions. Campus is really small, so there really isn't anywhere to go. The entire place is gated and in the middle of a residential section so it isn't like they could wonder around the town even. I don't think anyone brought their parents when I went a few yrs ago.

Good Luck!

When I went back in Oct. my mother stayed at the hotel all morning and relaxed. It was nice because the hotel shuttled me to Midwestern and back and I didn't have to worry about too much. I wouldn't bring your parent there, like the above poster, there is not much they can do for the 4-5 hour span you are there. Hope this helps and good luck!!

When I went back in Oct. my mother stayed at the hotel all morning and relaxed. It was nice because the hotel shuttled me to Midwestern and back and I didn't have to worry about too much. I wouldn't bring your parent there, like the above poster, there is not much they can do for the 4-5 hour span you are there. Hope this helps and good luck!!

Hello, jlpolla
Which hotel did you stay? Do they really have shuttle? I am planning to stay at Comfort Inn at downer groove which is about 8 minutes from school. Am I making a right choice?

I don't know where that is, but I seached out a lot of hotels in DG online and chose the Embassy Suites because of the shuttle and I have had good experiences there... I would call your hotel and see if they can drive you to the MCV.